Step Twenty-Three

Dedicated to : CharlieLovesAll, LovelyMyia, and imperfection_nani for commenting on EVERY chapter of this story so far!

I woke up to my body being on a small table. The white lights blinded me, and the white room only further added to my sudden blindness. I sat up quite easily, and I didn't notice the IV in my arm until I traced the bag on the side to the bed. Sighing, I rubbed my hands over my face. I was startled when I heard the toilet being flushed and even more surprised when I saw Micah walking through the door. He stopped in his tracks when he saw me woke, giving him an inquisitive look.

"Woke?" He asked.

"No, I'm sleep walking." I replied sarcastically, taking the IV out of my arm. I knew all they were doing was pumping unnecessary drugs into my blood stream. It took forever for my body to wean itself off of them last time; I didn't need it to start again. "So I fainted again?"

"Try mild seizure." He answered, sitting in the seat next to me. "Scared the shit out of us, but I think the fans more."

"Damn." I muttered, placing my back against the wall so I could wrap my arms around my knees. I was most comfortable in this position. "So…where are they?"

"Went to get food. I volunteered to stay." That surprised me. I don't remember ever having a conversation with Prince-well, not a decent one anyway. It was always a mutual laugh, or smart reply took likely, but we never really spoke. The only person I ever talked to really was Jailee, So him being the one to volunteer shocked me, I expected it to be Calvin.

"Why did you decide to stay? You eat like an elephant."

"Don't get flattered- I just need advice." I widened my eyes at that. He wanted my advice? Mine, of all people. Okay, this is weird. "So...Camiila and I broke up-"

"So that's why her attitude has been real shitty. Well, shittier." I interrupted, then, realizing what I did, "Sorry, continue."

"So, I think the reason is obvious," he glanced back at me, and I saw his thought. It was because of me, for whatever reason. Was she that insecure? "She was just real...insecure and bitchy and just...jealous for no reason. She constantly accused me of having feelings for other people and-yeah."

"Okay...I'm not seeing where my help comes in." I flicked my head so my hair went behind me. It was getting heavy and going everywhere!

"Do you think it was the right thing to do?"

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Well, did you cheat on her? Have you ever cheated on her?"

"No." He leaned back in his chair, balancing his feet on a crook in the hospital bed.

"Do you have feeling for anyone else?"

"Yes."

I raised my eyebrow higher. "Has it ever gone farther than just feelings? Like, even a kiss?"

"No."

"Well...does she know that?"

"I told her that."

"Well...you did nothing wrong. Without trust, a relationship is nothing, and if she didn't trust you, you were already doomed before it started. So...see where it goes. Tell her she needs to trusts you and maybe some space is necessary. I mean, everybody is different but space never killed anyone. God knows whether you two fit or not, so if you're meant he'll lead you two back together. But both of you need to grow. You need to decide who you really have feeling for and devote yourself to one person, and she needs to learn to trust when you tell her she's the only one. That's all." I shrugged to myself, not really sure what else to say. "Oh! And a little something, cheating isn't just sexual. You can be with one person but another person has your heart, and that hurts worse than anything."