Step Three

Dedicated to : Briskki for commenting on every chapter of everything!

"What's up , Stockton!" The radio announcer shouted into his microphone. I swear I saw saliva splashing on it. "It's DJ Jazzy J in the studio with some artists who have been causing a ruckus in the music industry lately! I'm here with Backstreet, Pretty Young Things and newest Teen Sensation, Lyric! How are you feeling guys?"

"Tired." Bree and Prince answered in unison. Whether it was on purpose or not, I'm guessing not.

"Already?" Jazzy asked. "The tour hasn't even officially kicked off yet!"

"And we've already been ripping and running lately." Matty interjected.

I sat back in my seat as a conversation started. DJ Jazzy J was in the middle and to her left were Prince, Matty, Bree, and Star. To her right were Trey, Mila, and CJ. I was placed between CJ and Star. Cameras rotated all around us form reporters as well as Backstreet’s daily camera-following people. Maybe I should find out what they're for sooner or later.

My goal this interview was to stay as quiet and inconspicuous as possible. I wanted no extra attention on me whatsoever for my own personal reasons. It's a shame when someone in the spotlight never wants to be in it. Of course, that didn't work as we got into Twitter Question Time.

"So, Lyric, @KadySwag asked where is your hometown?" Jazzy asked.

"Chicago, Illinois."

"What part?"

"Sixth-third and then Roseland."

"You came straight out of the hood." I laughed, as that's what everyone tells me."Next question is also for Lyric, how did you get discovered from @RoyalJullian."

"I was in school with my friends, singing down the halls, when someone came up basically saying "Hey,I like your voice, I want you to sign with my label" So I was thinking 'Whoa, this man is a creep!" and I threw the card in my locker, never to be found again. I didn't want to be famous, like, at all. I hate attention with a passion, but my friends got together and set up an interview, showing him videos we recorded and had on YouTube as like, a joke. Before I knew it he set up an interview with my Mom, and was through her convincing I actually considered signing the papers.”

“So you didn't have to sing in front of a producer or anything?"

"He was the owner of the company. My school frequently had people come in and out to speak on their businesses and whatever, so when he heard me sing there was no one above him to go too. All we had to do was assign me a manager.”

"Well can we hear you spit something now?" Jazzy said.

"Now?" I asked.

"What are you, scared?" Matty asked, raising his eyebrows.

I laughed along with everyone else at his facial expression. "Never that. What song?"

"The one you got discovered with." CJ suggested., adding a nonchalant shrug.

"Okay." I sighed and took a deep breath before swallowing. I let the words come to my mind and flow out of my mouth. "I'm looking for somebody I can call boo/ Looking for the only one that I can give my all to/ Tell me if it's you, you, you/ What you wanna do, do, do/ Make your move/ You can be my teacher/ I'll do homework/ You can give me extra credit, baby/ I'll do more work/ What you wanna do, do, do/ Now it's me and you, you, you/ Make a move/ This mood is so right/ It feels so right/ You can be my prince/ My knight/ You can be my superman/ Save me here I am/' Cause baby/ There's nothing I won't do/ To spend my life with you/I'll give my all to you/I promise that I will never lie to you boy/There's nothing I won't do/To spend my life with you/I'll give my all to you/I promise that I will never lie to you boy/You and me together/Picture perfect/I'll spend all my money all my time/Because you're worth it/It's just me and you, you, you/What you wanna do, do, do/Make a move/Call me mama, spoil you like a baby/Thinking about you, dreaming about you/Got me going crazy/What you wanna do, do, do/Now it's me and you, you, you/Make a move..." I let the words fade.