Step Thirteen

Dedicated to : @allie_mckay for the amazing cover!

A/N:  Please leave feedback on this chapter as well as vote and the same for ALL my other stories. I really don't care if you tell me you weren't feeling it, because then I'll just try and figure out what you like. All feedback and opinions are welcomed, and I ask for honesty. The new cover was made by @allie_mckay ! Beautiful, isn't it?

~

OMINISCENT

Calvin was filled with nerves as he paced the hotel lobby, waiting for Desiree to come down. After twenty minutes he began to doubt himself. Maybe she wasn't interested. Maybe he came off too strong. Maybe he wasn't strong enough. He was so caught up in her actually not pushing him away; he didn't pay much attention to what he said. It flowed from him like a waterfall. Now he though he shouldn't of wasted his breath, but he was glad to lose the oxygen.

One minute turned to two and three, three to four. He started to go back upstairs when she merged in his view. His heart fluttered at the sight of her in gray yoga pants and a green shirt phrased' You Make Me Smile'. The outfit was dual usable, either pajamas or outside. Calvin told her to dress comfortable, as they would be moving a lot in these two hours they were miraculously allowed together. Of course, Carter, the security guard, still hovered out of their sight. As she came closer, the wind blew from the door opening, and he smelled the Strawberry Shampoo radiating form her flowing hair. She didn't have that on earlier, he noted.

"Sorry," Desiree said, her voice still in its minimal tone from earlier. She was completely uncomfortable right now, and Calvincould tell. She hadn't been alone with the opposite sex in years, so this was new to her. Even now, she can't honestly tell what made her get ready and come, but in the back of her head a little voice was telling her she would regret not coming. Still, an even bigger one told her she would. "Leslie gave me hell."

"Keisha did it to me too. You don't mind walking a few blocks, do you?"

She shook her head slowly. "Not at all."

The walk was quiet. Anyone from the outside would think they were simply two strangers coincidentally going to the same place. But CJanticipated this. He knew she would be uncomfortable, and that it would take something for her to relax. This is why he knew as soon as they entered the dance studio, she would smile.

And she did.

She marveled at the wooden floor and walls covered in mirrors. The floor shined and smelled of fresh wax, and the air conditioner blew a consistent breeze, never allowing the outside humidity to become unbearable. Desiree loved the idea, as she hadn't danced freely in days. It was pure torture for her, because she hated choreography. She was built on raw emotions, and choreography took away are that freedom to express herself in that moment. But how did he know that, she wondered? Desiree looked at him, her eyes already asking the question her mouth wouldn't form.

"I remember you saying how dancing was your relief." Calvin answered the silent question, making his way to the stereo. "And I think we've all been doing a little too much lately."

A delicate beat made its way through the speakers before transforming into a movable wave that echoed off the walls. She instantly recognized the song as How to Love. Her body began to involuntarily move to the raspy sound of Wayne's voice. She was in her own world, free of worries and nightmares.

Calvin watched in awe. He never saw someone move so freely. He could tell she wasn't even thinking as she danced. It was coming straight from her soul. And it told a story. A story of a girl who had been hurt multiple times, but enjoyed it while it lasted. She had given them her all, and they sucked her dry like a leech until nothing was left but a disgruntled memory and little trust. He could tell something she couldn’t; She wanted to love, but didn't know how.