Chapter 20-Responsibilities

Start from the beginning

“Gonja I am Stephen Lape. I am your protector. I serve as a bodyguard for you. I will be with you every place you go as well as some of our other guard.”

“Gonja I am Blake Johnson I take care of the pack’s financial matters,” he said.

“Gonja I am Liam Ness I am the head chef and I do the entire grocery parcel for the pack as well as other pack necessities.”

“Gonja I am Russ Crowell and I am the former Alpha and will serve as your liaison and counsel,” Dylan’s dad said. Just then something dawned on me. He is Russell. I wonder if he is Sarah’s Russell.

“Gonja I am Terrance Woddard. I am the ambassador to other packs. I take care of the packs relations and wars. I also train all of our warriors,” he said. He was kind of a scary looking guy you would see on a military movie so I understood his role.

“Gonja I am Louis Bernake. I am the pack elder. I am the oldest living member of the pack. I am here to provide my wisdom as well as anything else I can contribute to you.”

“Well it is nice to meet all of you and know who does what. Now I was told that I would be informed by you of my pack duties and responsibilities.” I said.

“Yes Gonja. Your responsibilities to the pack include but are not limited to: Peace and morale of the community, Saftey, Politics, Alpha conferences and treaty meetings, conflict management in between packs, and rouge patrols. And your gonja duties are to advise with the elders on matters of pack importance. Counsel dead member of society and their living family and friends. We know this is a hefty list for anyone and we are at your disposal day and night for anything you need,” Russell said. Whoa that is a lot of stuff to be in charge of.

“Well first off I believe Russell should be in charge of the day to day operation of the pack the same as it has always been until I finish school and can take over full-time. He will make all decisions through counsel with me. Dylan already has the respect and some authority over the pack will be in charge of all rouge activity. Everyone else here and in the pack should continue with their current activities until further notification. I think we should meet at least once a week until I understand exactly how things work,” as I finished my speech they all nodded with respect to my decisions. Then we all left the little cottage and walked back to the pack house.

It has been three months since my appointment to Alpha Gonja or AG. I have melted seamlessly into the lifestyle in the pack house and dealing with all of my responsibilities.

Dylan seems to run his perimeter shifts and then anytime he is off duty finds a party to be at and a party girl to be with. I haven’t seen it for myself but being the AG not much that happens on these lands get past me. It does bother me and I could order him to stay home and confined to his quarters but I will not use my power to take away someone’s rights just because it hurts me.

Right now I am sitting in my office in the house tending to some paper work about pack business and having a discussion with Shadow about some rumors of a rogue pack trying to take over other packs in the United States. Sandy, my best friend, comes bursting through the door.

“Tiffy poo we are going to Morgan Ferris’s party tonight,” she said.

“Look Sandy we have had this discussion for the past three months regularly. I am not going to a party I have too much work to do here. I don’t have time for parties and getting into teenage trouble. I am not going,” I said.

Shadow took that moment to butt into our conversation. “Gonja it’s important for a young leader to be young. It would be best if you went and had some fun with your peers. It will make you a better leader if you are not  bound too tight and let loose. Go you have been hanging around with us old fogies for much too long.”

Shadow is the only person I listen to without a doubt. So if he says I need to party I will party.

“Fine! I will go. But you have to practice your battle stances with Rogan tomorrow for at least an hour!” I said. She rolled her eyes about the deal I gave her.

“EEEEH! YAY!” Oh boy after Sandy belting that out I am already regretting this idea. Sandy is really good at getting into trouble. Sandy said she wanted to help me get ready. I hate to tell her no when she is being all sweet so I let her.

By 6 p.m. we were dressed up, make-up clad, and high heeled. In my opinion we were a tad to dressed up for a high school liquor fest.

Sandy was clad in a little black dress that I was certain was more spandex than anything else. It barely made it past her bum. Her hair was in a sideways updo-she kind of looked like a hooker, a high end hooker though. She tried to stick me in one of those painted on deals but I refused. We finally agreed on a deep purple just above the knee, empire waist dress. She wouldn’t let me get away without the stilettos that matched though. She fish-bone braided my long red hair. She gave my eyes the smokey effect that made my sea-foam green eyes pop.

We made our way downstairs and into the kitchen where some of the teenage wolves were sitting stuffing their faces before time for the party. As we entered they all looked up and stared at us both. Then came the cat calls and whistles. The two of us just laughed at them and started to the front door. When suddenly someone grabbed my arm gently but enough to stop me and I turned to face Jonathon Mason. He was 6 foot 7 inches tall with blond hair and eyes almost the same green as mine. He had a prominent nose and perfectly straight impossibly white teeth.

“Is everything ok Jonathon?” I asked worried I had picked the wrong day to go party.

“Actually, since you’ve decided to go to one of our parties. I was wondering if you would go with me,” he asked. Jon was part of the security crew so I understood he wanted to stay close to me.

“Sure let’s get out of here,” I told him. Then the three of us left for the party.

============================================

I'm thinking she misunderstood Jonathon's intentions...