Lalabas na sana ang headmaster ng merong ulit sinabi ang isa sa mga staff na babae.

"Sir, seryoso po kami Sir"

"Members of the Tria Fyli are people whom you guys never should take lightly. Whether playing with knives or fire, you don't have to worry."sabi ng Headmaster. Tapos lumabas na at ibinalibag ang pintuan para may great effects.

"Ganda nang speech ni Sir, ah. #Inspired"

Izeiah's Pov

I did not win, unfortunately.

I was having an eye contest with a wolf-like dog that was almost as tall as me. I can't help it, he was staring at me like I'm such a dissapointment in life.

"I see. You're happy that I lost, don't you?"

Tumango tango naman ang aso at ngumiti.

He's definitely mocking me. Stupid wolf. -_-

Why is it even here? Who's stupid enough to put a wolf in the middle of the forest inside the school? At least it didn't go bunkers seeing that he's all alone.

He barked at me and asked for a staring contest again with his eyes but I refused to be defeated again twice as I'm that mature.

He sat infront of me and waited for me to join his game.

Umiling ako sa lobong ito at napangiti dahil kita kong naiirita na siya.

It's official..

I have made a love-hate-mock relationship with the Alpha.

I turned my back, but I suddenly sensed that it was going to attack me.

"Where's your pack?" I asked.

"Woof. Woof. Grrr. Woof"

"I understand."

Tumango siya.

"But wouldn't it be so amazing if I can actually speak wolf?"

Itinaas niya ang kilay niya, wait, meron bang kilay ang mga lobo?

"Say.... how are you almost as tall as me? Did you drink milk? Lots of vegetables? Fruits? Or chocolates" he barked at the last one. I knew it. Chocolates were the road to tallness.

"Na-ka-ka-in-tin-di ka ba ng Ta-ga-log." I said. Emphasizing each syllable.

He kept his raised eyebrow. Foreigner tong lobong to ah.

"You can't."

He lied down on his arms and it seems that he was really eager to play his game with me.

"I told you, no. I have a pride to keep, excuse me. I cannot lose a second time to an animal that has evolved into a chihuahua."

"Goodness Izeiah, play with the poor dog" someone interrupted the growing tension between the dog and me.

"He's being mean." I said and moved far away from the dog.

"Choco won't hurt you." He kneeled on one knee and pet the dog, the dog wagged his tail and averted his gaze to him.

"Right, Choco?" He shook his body and schooched in a little closer to him.

"Anyways, why are you here?" I asked as I moved a little, sinking both my feet deeper in the water.

"You're avoiding me." I continued.

"...I am. Quite the observant you are."

"Why? Dahil nakita mo kung anong nangyari sa likod ko? It was simply a price I had to pay. No need to be quilty."

"Guilt, why wouldn't I feel it?, but... I have also been busy these past few days so I couldn't settle this guilt that's been consuming me."

"Ahh, I remember. Yes, congratulations."

"Izeiah.. are you mad?"

I frowned and turned to him.

"Why would I?" I asked, confused.

"It's your engagement, not mine. I have one too." As a matter of fact, I have two. I nodded to myself and lifted my feet up from the water so they could start to dry.

I felt something soft behind my back which made me lean on it. It was the wolf I had an argument with.

I closed my eyes and breathe out to soothe my back.

When I opened them, I saw a keychain dangling infront of me.

An Antares keychain. It was made of some kind of gemstone. It was really pretty and shiny. It has the color of pinkish-orange but when turned to an angle it looks red.

"It's made of padparadscha sapphire." He said. Napatingin ako sakanya. I might not know the name, but I know it's pretty.

I was going to be greedy and accept the keychain when it struck me the thing ate Hina complained about in most of her failed relationships.

'You know, kung alam nilang may girlfriend na siya, hindi na sana nila tatanggapin ang mga bouquet at chocolates kuno ng gagong iyon.' Ate Hina always complained every time she and her boyfriend broke up, but she never cried. Atleast, as far as I could remember.

"No, I can't accept." I shook my head like a rattle drum to express my strong refusal.

Compared to those girls, I know my place.

I saw him tilt his head to the side, confused.

"Did you just.... refuse me?" He asked as if he couldn't believe it.

"I was taught to not have intimate interaction with those who have their hands tied, Ivan."

"You won't want to miss what it does in the dark"

I gasped.

"It glows?! But... I really can't accept it, Ivan."

"Why can't you accept it?" Ivan tried to inquire deeper to why I was expressing such strong refusal.

I stood up and pat the invisible dust on my legs.

"Can I invite you over for some hot chocolate and cookies the day after tomorrow?"

"Is that a secret code to inviting me for a date?"

No

It's called closure, you idiot.