Aftershock

I felt like I've been lying there for a week, but it was probably only a couple of minutes. I hear something banging on my window. I couldn't move so I just ignored it. I don't even care what it was. Walter might've not physically killed me, but he did emotionally. I heard the banging again and I just wished that I can at least move my head to see what was going on. I tried but it was to no avail. I heard a door open and I groaned. I heard Walter jump. What was he doing now? I then heard a gasp and something shut. That was not Walter's gasp.

"K-Kae?" I heard Drew's voice say no louder than a whisper. I felt like a fire has been ignited within me. I wanted nothing more than to get up and hug him. Respond to him. Even just look at him. But I couldn't do that. I couldn't do anything except stare at the ceiling and hope that the tears that are building up in my eyes don't fall. I heard him drop down next to me. When I saw his face, I felt immediate relief. It was strange considering the situation I was in right now. I kept a blank expression on my face. With shaky hands, he cupped my face and I shut my eyes tight. He immediately pulled his hand back.

He took something out of his pocket and I noticed it was his phone. "I-I need help. Please. My best friend is in bad condition and she needs help." he spoke into the phone and I assumed he called 911. I wanted to tell him to not call them because they'll try and save me, and I didn't want that. I just wanted to die. After he gave them my house address, he hung up. His voice was shaken up and he couldn't talk straight.

"M-Makaela, oh god. It's him, isn't it?" he said with his eyes not meeting mine. I could see his jaw ticking. I couldn't answer him. I literally couldn't. Suddenly I heard a door getting flung open and a gruff, drunk voice came through.

"What's going on here?" Walter demanded. I tried moving my head slightly and it worked. I saw him standing in the doorway of my room. I looked back at Drew and his nose was flared. Oh god. Please don't do anything, Drew. I begged silently. He suddenly got up and pinned Walter to the wall. I shut my eyes and a few tears escaped. This is all my fault. Oh god. Please. I opened my eyes and Drew's arm was against Walter's throat who was still pinned to the wall. Walter's eyes were wide and Drew's jaw was ticking.

"You asshole." Drew said in a whisper but his voice was filled with venom. He let go of Walter, who immediately fell to the floor. He said something but I didn't hear him. Suddenly my vision was going blurry and I closed my eyes repeatedly until they went back to normal. When I could finally see properly, I saw Drew sitting on Walter and blowing punches to Walter's face. Tears ran down my face. Everything hurt. My head. My body. My face. Even my heart and soul. I lost consciousness.

When I opened my eyes, I found a bloodied and beaten Drew looking down at me. His face was gonna bruise badly and he had a busted lip. I looked to the side looking for Walter and I saw him on the floor. Possibly passed out. I heard the ambulance sirens and Drew's head snapped up immediately. He placed his hand under my body and lifted me with ease. I was so close to him that I could smell his cologne. I closed my eyes and sniffed. It always made me feel better. My arms were dead. I couldn't move them. Panic started rising in my chest at the thought of not being able to ever move my arms again. I didn't even have a panic attack. That's how much I felt dead from the inside. Drew's arms were securely holding me against his body.

He carried me bridal style until we were outside the house. I felt myself getting placed on something. I heard Drew speaking in the distance.

"It's her father for god's sake! He beat her senseless!" I heard the anger in his voice. I winced when he said that I was beat senseless. It was literally true. I didn't hear the rest of the conversation because they placed me in the ambulance. The last thing I heard before they shut the door was a medic, who said "Sorry Mr Bieber. But it's a critical condition and you can't come along."

The medics started placing needles in my arm and gave me an oxygen mask. I tried asking them with my eyes what was happening and why couldn't I move but they were busy and don't notice. They started cleaning my head and I winced.

When we got to the hospital, they took me in and doctors and nurses came in. What I understood was that my jaw was misplaced, there's a gash in my head and I have a severe concussion which could blur my eyesight. While everything was going on, I just lay there, emotionless. Like a robot.

They soon put me on morphin and I felt so much better. Actually, I didn't. I just couldn't feel pain anymore except for the pain in my chest. They stitched my head and replaced my jaw. Which I gotta say, I was thankful I was drugged up for. The lump in my throat didn't disappear. I was constantly there. I wanted to cry but I didn't at the same time.

They put me in a room and a nurse came in.

"Hello." she said with a smile and a look of sympathy in her eyes. I hated that look. I've hate it ever since my mom died. I couldn't talk because they put something in my jaw to not make it move until it's better. I gave he a confused expression and she smiled. I wanted to ask her why couldn't I move earlier, which turns out I wasn't paralyzes cause I can move now. I can't feel the soreness thanks o the morphin but I'm sure I'll feel it soon. She handed me a paper and a pen. I felt helpless and I hated it. I hated myself for being helpless. I wrote my question on the paper and handed it to her. She read it and looked at me.

"You couldn't move because you were in a state of shock. Sometimes when people are shocked or traumatized, everything shuts down." she told me with that look of sympathy in her eyes. I nodded curtly. I clinched my teeth and a sharp pain hit me. I almost face-palmed myself because I forgot about my jaw.

I heard the room door open and I looked to see a bruised and bloodied Drew walk in. I felt an ache in my chest because this was all my fault. It was the first thing I emotionally felt.

"Mr Justin, please let me clean you up." said a nurse that walked behind him.

"I told you I'm fine." he said, his voice rough, like he had been crying. The nurse sighed and walked out. Drew looked me in the eyes and walked towards mr. When he was right next to me, he raised his hand and I unintentionally flinched. He formed a fist and dropped his hand. I wanted to apologize because I didn't mean to but I thought it's for the best. I shouldn't keep him hanging around me. He one of the very few things that was good in the world. I didn't want to drag him down with me. Just push him away, Makaela. Said a voice in my head. As much as I hated to do it, I knew I had to. If you love something let it go.

"I should've known." Drew whispered. My heart clenched. He was gonna blame himself for this. I couldn't even talk to tell him that I wasn't. So I just hook my head ferociously which made my immediately dizzy. I stopped right away.

"Yes, I should have." he said through clenched teeth. "I should. Have. Fucking. Known." he said as he punched the wall with every word. He kept punching the wall and I cowered into my bed. I've never seen Drew hit something this hard before. I isn't notice his fight with Walter. He looked right out scary. Veins were popping out of his neck and his face was red. He stopped when his knuckles were bleeding. When he turned to look at me, he was breathing heavily. He walked towards me and I flinched. Which made him stop dead in his tracks.

"What's going on?" came in the nurse's voice as she opened the door. Drew and I kept eye-contact. Neither one of us pulling away.

"Oh god. Look at your hand!" exclaimed the nurse with a gasp. Drew broke the eye contact and turned around to leave. But I didn't miss the tear that ran down his face as he walked out the door.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Haii durr. I promised an earlier upload but things have been hectic at my house for the last couple of days. And, my little brother stepped on the laptop screen and broke it. -creys-

The picture on the side is how I imagined Drew would look :33

I hope you guys liked this chapter and your voting and comments are extremely extremely appreciated. Just knowing that there's people out there who like my stories is ah-mazing. <3

Andandand I wrote this and uploaded it from my iPod. So if you see a mistake, don't be shy to point it out. Love you guys. xx

Goodnight/goodmorning wherever you are. <3