Chapter 15: Interest [/]

Start from the beginning

Sylvia was right. Christopher seemed to be much happier today when she responded to his attempts of capturing her attention.

He wasn't as charming as Joel or playful as Erick, she thought.

However, his jokes and antics made her laugh.

But did he only got her attention? Only her attention?

Suddenly, they heard a guitar strumming, followed by bongos, conga, tambourine and a flute. A street band was playing a slow rhythmic tune. The lead singer playing the conga began singing Gitana.

"Quieres baila?" Christopher questioned, holding her hand. She looked at him and brightened. He laughed and brought her closer to the street band.

He twirled her around and they danced kizomba. She was hesitant at first, following his lead as she looked down to make sure she didn't step on his foot.

Kizomba wasn't really easy.

Not for her.

"No mires abajo," he whispered, lifting her chin. He pressed a quick kiss on her forehead and smiled. "Muy linda."

She quirked a smile in return and stared over his shoulder. The guys of the band brightened at the sight of a crowd forming around them all. Some girls had even started screaming Christopher's name.

"Your fans," Anaeya said.

"No importante," he replied, twirling her. "I'm on a date now."

She leaned in closer, burying her head in the crook of his neck to hide her smile. Occasionally, she stepped his foot but he didn't mind, offering her an encouraging smile instead.

He even pulled away for a moment to pluck a small flower from a bouquet one of the onelookers were holding and tuck it on her ear.

"Pero mujer, guarda tu amor por mi," he sang. "Por que te esperare por ti."

As soon as the song finished, she cleared her throat and pulled away from him. The crowd cheered, clapping their hands. Some people had even stepped forward, placing money into a bucket at the centre.

Christopher took out a ten dollar bill and put it into the bucket, thanking the street band. He then took his cap off to fix his hair.

"Christopher Velez, eh?" the lead singer asked, leaning forward. He nodded. "Yo soy Hernandez. Una foto?"

"Si, si," Christopher replied, gesturing Anaeya to join in.

Anaeya sighed, nodding and stood next to Christopher. She could not help but notice his arm around her waist as they took a few selfies.

"Tengo novia?" Hernandez asked, pointing at Anaeya. "Muy bonita."

The girl widened her eyes and went to the hot dog stand instead. She saw Christopher whispering something to Hernandez while the whole band listened in. They all hooted after that as Christopher left them to join her.

"Christo, what did you say?"

"I told them how many times you rejected me. And they wished me good luck," he explained, paying for the hot dog. "They think you're very pretty and a good dancer too." She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Mm, miss," the vendor interrupted, handing the hot dog to the boy. "I think you're an excellent dancer."

Christopher took it and poured ketchup onto it as Anaeya smiled at his quirks. He caught her looking and laughed. "Ahhhhh," he said, offering it to her. She shook her head. "Try some. Ahhhhh.."

She sighed and took a bite of the hotdog. He laughed, wiping sauce off the corner of her mouth with a tissue.

"Nice?" he asked, biting the other end. She nodded, smiling as she chewed. "Come, another bite," Christopher said, feeding her. "I'll buy some fries after this and then we'll go get ice cream. Or gelato. You can choose whichever you want. I eat everything."

She hummed, "You can bring me to explore the city a bit then. That way, I won't get lost."

"I'll hold your hand," his muttered, slipping his hand into hers. "Let's go find a stall that sells chipotle. Richard showed me a few years back. Its really good."

"Okay," she giggled. His obsession with food was actually adorable. "Are you sure you know the way?"

He shrugged. "We can get lost together."

The song is Gitana by Claydee featuring Lil Eddie

The song is Gitana by Claydee featuring Lil Eddie. Remember to vote after every chapter! ❤