Chapter 25~ Whats Wrong Dude?

Kenny's POV

When Darin knocked on my door today I was confused, worried, & pissed.

Who does he think he is? He just leaves for a week & doesn't tell us where he is going just to come back & ask to use my basement. Just because he is upset doesn't mean I'm not still mad at him.

He just stood outside he door.

Again he asked. "Dude can I please come in? I need to hit something." He said.

I shake my head to connect my mouth back to my brain. I run my fingers through my head & back out of the door way.

"Sure man. Come in." I say.

He immediately steps through the door & walks to the basement door. He opens it and I follow him downstairs to the weight room I have in the lounge.

"Sweetie do you boys want something to eat or drink?!" My mom calls from the kitchen.

"No thanks mom!" I yell back.

"Alright! If you do let me know!" She says.

Darin starts hitting the bag in the corner, hard.

I've never seen him this upset. Something big must have happened.

"Darin?" I call.

No answer.

"Dude what's wrong with you?" I ask.

He shakes his head and starts to pound the bag harder if that's even possible.

I start to walk over to him.

"Hey man. You can tell me anything. What's on your mind? Why are you so mad?" I ask.

He looks at me & for the first time I can see the pain in them. He looks broken & hurt. I've never seen him like this. Darin never breaks.

"I don't want to talk about it. Just let me get my anger out then I'll go." He says. Then he turns back to the bag & starts beating it again.

I shake my head and walk over to the couch. I start a game, but I play halfheartedly. I keep glancing over at Darin.

About 20 minutes later he is still beating the punching bag & sweat is pouring down his face. His face is red. He is breathing hard, but he keeps hitting the bag.

Whatever has him pissed must've been really bad. It bet it has to do with Hayden & Railin. I know hat something happened with them today, but I didn't think Darin would find out.

I sat there on the couch for a moment, very confused. Then it hit me.

"Oh shit." I muttered quietly to myself.

It was because of Amy talking about Railin loving Hayden. Fuck! Jaden called Darin to tell him what was going on & Railin came back & beat the shit out of Jaden when he said something about him loving Hayden.

That must be it! Damn now I know why he is so pissed! I would be too if my best friend did that to me.

I shake my head and smile to myself.

I figured it out!

I look over at Darin again & he looks like he is going to pass out. I sigh & get up. I walk to the fridge & pull out two bottles of water. Slowly I walk over to him.

He glances up at me, but continues to hit the bag.

I sigh again & tap his shoulder. He spins around so fast I hear his neck crack. He glares at me.

"What!?" He yells.

I hold out a bottle of water to him. He looks at it, shakes his head, & takes it. He chugs it down in about 10 seconds. I hold out another bottle & he takes it too. He drinks it slower this time. When he is done he turns back to the bag, but before he can hit it I speak up.

"Want to talk about it man? I know it has to do with Hayden & Railin." I say quietly.

He spins around again, but this time he does it slowly. His jaw is clenched & he looks up at me. His eyes soften a little.

"Sure dude." He says & he walks over to the couch.

I follow him and sit next to him. We sit there in silence for what seems like hours. Finally I turn to him. I raise an eyebrow & he sighs.

"Ok fine I'll tell you." He says.

I smile. "Good." I say.

"Well I was missing everyone so I listened to my inbox & I got the one from Jaden. Then Railin's message & he was angry. He must've not been paying attention because he was in a car wreck. So I drove back & I got to the exit, but I couldn't drive anymore so I called Hayden & she drove the rest of the way to the hospital." He says then pauses for a long moment & gulping big.

"We got to his room. It was so bad Ken. He has a tube down his throat, his arm & leg are broken. He's bruised & cut up. Makayla told me he had internal bleeding. He was chocking on his own blood before the ambulance got there. I was talking to Makayla, but she got mad at me so I went back to Railin."

"I left Hayden there & she was talking to him. She told him she was sorry she didn't love him back the way he loved her, but she did love him. It wouldn't go away no matter what she tried. She told him she was sorry she didn't kiss him back. She said she should have because she had wanted to so badly.She said all this stuff & she was so upset."

"I couldn't stand it. I ran outta there. I was so pissed. I didn't understand how my best friend could just fall in love with my girl friend & my crush. Then how could he kiss her? He fucking kissed her Kenny! The worst part is she wanted to kiss him back. How could she do this to me? I don't understand. I love her so much. What did I do?" He asks & puts his head in his hands.

I sit there for a moment, shocked.

How the hell didn't I notice this?

"Darin, this only happened because Hayden was upset. She didn't mean it. She was scared. That is what you say to someone who is hurt. You tell them good things. She was trying to help him. I'm sure she doesn't mean it. It's ok man. She loves you. She always will." I almost choke on the last sentence.

Dammit why does it always have to be Darin? He isn't that great of a guy. He's just a player & an asshole. Why did she pick him?

He shakes his head. "It's my fault. I left & she just fell right into his trap. He was just waiting for me to leave so he could swoop in and take her away. Kenny what do I do? I love her so much. She's all I have left. I need her." He says with he most pained expression I've ever seen.

I shake my head. "She'll never leave you. It'll always be you. You have nothing to worry about dude." I say.

He shakes his head & sighs. "That's just it. I do have to worry. She is falling for him Kenny. She is & he will just hurt her. He doesn't love her. Not like I do. How do I make her see that he is just trying to get in her pants? How do I make her see that he isn't who she thinks? How can I make her see how much I love her?" He asks.

I sigh & look him in the eyes.

"I don't know man." I say.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you think? Hope you liked chapter 25!