Chapter 7~ (un)Welcome Back

We sit in the car completely silent. We drop off Adrian at the middle school and head over to the high school.

"Baby are you ok? I know you were crying this morning." I ask gently.

He shakes his head. "I just.. I was such and asshole. I shoulda been more brotherly, but I was acting like a father. She just said shit about us and I snapped. I feel so horrible." He says.

I lay my hand on his. "It's not your fault ok? You were just sticking up for me and yourself. You crossed the line a little, but she forgave you. Don't beat yourself up over it. Let's just have a good day ok?" I say & give him a small smile.

He smiles. "You always know what to say. I love you." He says.

"Awe, I love you too." I say.

"Come here." He says as he points to his lips.

We kiss and everything feels better. It's like everything will be ok now.

"Mmm I'm going to miss you all day." I say.

"I know. We only have two classes together and lunch, being away from you is going to suck." He says.

"I know." I frown and look at him with puppy dog eyes.

"We're strong. We will make it." He says.

"At least we have first and sixth period together." I say.

"But what about 2nd and 4th and 5th." He says while frowning.

"We'll always have lunch time." I say with a smile.

He laughs. "Ok one more kiss before we go into hell." He says.

"Ok, but we're going together so that's a plus." I say.

I start to kiss him softly then more forcefully.

I pull back, "Ok now we do have to go inside." I say.

"Aw ok let's go before we are late." He says.

We get out and walk into school holding hands.

We glance up when Railin runs up to us. "Hey Darin I'm so sorry man. How are you holding up?" Asks Railin.

I look at him and he looks back. "I'm doing better. Hey listen man this is Hayden." He says.

"Um yeah dude I know she's our best friend." Railin says.

I get the sinking feeling that wasn't what Darin meant.

"Um actually we're together now so she your best friend and my girlfriend. You cool? Cause I know you guys fucked in 8th grade." He says.

I gasp and look at Railin. "Dude we were drunk I'm over it. We're just friends ok?" He asks.

He is obviously embarrassed and nervous. Awe my poor best friend. This is so awkward.

"We're cool dude. So you eating lunch with us today? Hey let everyone know that I'm off the market alright?" He asks.

"Yeah hey man listen I gotta tell you something..." Railin starts to say, but he gets cut off by a familiar voice.

"Hey Darin!!!!" She says. She immediately wraps him in a hug and kisses his cheek.

Who the fuck is this bitch??

"Hey um do I know you?" He asks.

There is something really familiar about her. I just can't remember who she is.

"Umm yeah we fucked two years ago at Railin's party. It's me Kilee." She says.

Ho-ly shit. When did she get here?

"Oh shit hey Kilee. How have you been?" Darin asks.

I look at Railin like what the fuck? He shakes his head and mouths sorry.

"I've been good. I actually just moved back. We should get a coffee or something sometime. Oh shit is that Hayden standing next to you? She is so different. She filled out, finally." She says.

Bitch.

"Um yeah it's me Hayden, and to answer your question to Darin no he isn't going out with you because he is dating me, but he can hang out. He won't be screwing you or kissing you. Sorry." I say.

Well maybe that was a little bitchy.

Darin and Railin laugh. "Um yeah I'm with Hayden now so we can't continue our thing we had, but Railin here is single." Darin says.

Railin smacks Darin in the arm. "Oh shit I forgot he is dating Makayla. Sorry he can't go out with you, but maybe find a guy and meet up with us sometime." He says.

"Wow real smooth assholes. I've been gone for two years and your just going to ditch me because I fucked both of you in one night? Wow that's low guys." She says.

"What's she talking about Railin?" Asks Darin.

Wait she had sex with Railin?

"Yeah me and Railin hooked up before I found you and took you to the pond." She says to Darin.

"Wait me and Kilee both had sex with you that night?" I ask Darin. I pull my hand away from his and take a step back.

"Oh shit you fucked him too? Damn!!" She says.

"Well I was drunk and I had sex with Darin then I found Railin and talked to him by the pond and we started making out and that turned into a night of sex on and off all night." I say.

"Well shit I thought I was the only one who had one of those nights." She says. I turn to Darin.

Is she serious?

"Wait what? You said you had sex for like 5 minutes and then she left. You screwed her all night?" I ask.

I'm so pissed.

"I didn't want to hurt you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you the truth." Darin says.

"It's too late. I gotta get to class. Bye I'll see you guys there." I say. He grabs my arm, but I pull away.

"Hayden? Hayden!" He calls, but I keep going. Then someone chases after me and I start to run. "Hayden wait!" Railin calls. I slow down and he catches up to me.

"Hey you can't just run away like that ok?" He says softly.

I start to cry.

God I'm such a wimp.

"Hey hey hey don't do that ok. Don't cry over him. It's ok I'm here." He says as he wraps me in a hug.

He holds me for a minute then pulls back and starts to wipe my tears away.

God he is so cute and so sweet.

I look into his eyes and we connect. I lean forward and he meets my kiss. We stand there kissing for a moment and then I pull back.

This is wrong. So, so wrong. He's Railin.

"Wait stop what are we doing? I'm with Darin. You're my best friend. We can't do this." I say.

I feel so guilty.

"I know what you mean. Hey I think we should tell him what happened. Its the right thing to do." He says.

"I feel the same way. Let's got tell him now so he doesn't find out another way." I say.

"Alright let's go." He says.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was Chapter 8 of "You're All I Need"? How will Darin react when they tell him? Why do you think Kilee is back? Will things get heated between Hayden and Kilee? Find out in the next few chapters! I hope you like it!