Chapter 27~ My Brother

Hayden's POV

Caden chuckles. "Yep it's me." He says.

"Wh.. What are you doing here?" I stutter.

He smile falters. "Nick called me." He replies.

I frown in confusion. "Why?" I ask.

He sighs and walks over to the bench in the hall. He pats the seat next to him & I sit.

I turn to him & raise an eyebrow. "Ok, tell me what's going on." I say.

He huffs at me. "You won't like it." He says.

What is he talking about?

"I'll give you a chance to explain. Come on just tell me." I say.

He sighs again. "Alright fine. Nick called & said that you were really upset because your boyfriend left & he asked me to come cheer you up. He also wanted me to um well." He fades off.

I nod encouragingly. "Wanted you to what?" I ask.

"He wants me to take you back to Chicago with me to live. He thinks you need a break. It would only be for 2 or 3 months. You wouldn't have to worry about your friends or your boyfriend or anything. You could concentrate on yourself. Nick just thinks you're going through a lot & it would be good to get away for a while. Only if you want to. You don't have to. Anyway if you say no then I'm coming back for a few weeks to stay and hang out with you." He says.

Wow. This is too much to process in one day.

I shake my head. "I need some time to think about it Cay. It's a big decision. Just give me a few days." I say.

He nods. "That's the whole idea little sis. Now why were you running out of that room? What's on your mind?" He asks.

Good question. Why was I running?

"You know how Nick told you my boyfriend left." I start.

He nods. "Yeah." He says.

"Well he came back because Railin was in a car accident. I don't know what I did. I was just talking to Railin & he stormed out. He has to be close by. I don't think he'd take my car unless he was really mad. Can you help me find him?" I ask.

He nods and smiles. "Of course I can Haydi-bear. Let's go find your boy." He says as he slings an arm over my shoulder, pulling me down the hallway. I laugh & walk with him.

We stop at the nurses station. A nurse looks up at us & smiles.

"How can I help you?" She asks.

"I know this is weird, but did you see a dark haired boy come down this hallway? He was probably running." I ask.

She frowns. "Yep I saw him about 20 minutes ago. He slammed a door to a patients room & ran down the hallway. He went out the door & I believe he got into a Jeep & drove off." She says irritably.

I nod. "I'm sorry about him. It's been a tough day. Thank you." I say & Caden and I walk out.

"So I guess he was mad enough to take your car." Caden says while giving me a look.

I smile. "Yeah I guess he was." I say.

He pulls me across the parking lot. "Come on little sis. Well take my car." He says.

I nod & get into the passenger seat. He gets into the drivers seat & starts the car.

"I'll call the guys & see if he went to their houses or something." I say.