Chapter 34~ Aftermath

Darin's POV

Pain. Mind numbing, body shaking, pain.

She's gone. She really left. I did this. I did this to her. It's all my fault.

I walk away from her about to break. I wanted to kiss her back so badly, but I stopped myself. She needs to get over me. I can't be what she wants. I'm definitely not what she needs. We can never work.

I sit in my car playing it on a loop in my head. I shouldn't have done so many things that I did. I drove her to it. Everything I did hurt her, but I didn't see it or I didn't care.

Why? Why was I such a dick? Why did I leave? Why'd I screw Kilee? Why? Why? Why?

I slam my fists against the steering wheel in frustration.

"Dammit!" I yell as a tear escapes my eyes. I whip it away furiously, but more come. Soon my cheeks are damp & I'm quietly sobbing to myself.

I ruined everything. She was everything & I just ruined it. I did this. It was all me.

I can't! I can't feel like this. I have to distract myself. I have a good idea how to do it too.

I smirk & dial her number. She answers after 2 rings.

"My house. 10 minutes." I say & hang up.

I drive quickly to the familiar street & park in the empty driveway.

Good. I don't want Karen to hear this anyway.

I run up to my room & pull out the box. It was filled to the brim with pill bottles, weed, & condoms. I light a blunt and inhale deeply.

Ahh. This will help.

I take a few more hits before putting it out & grabbing the bottle of vodka from the dresser drawer. I take a long swing and settle on my bed to wait for Kilee.

She arrives a few minutes later, completely naked. I waste no time and get straight to it. I satisfy her quickly & she gets to work on me. Once I find my release I tell her to go & she does so without complaint.

Thank god.

I smile at my new found sense of numbness to this unbearable, constant pain. I know it won't last, but still it's pretty nice to not even remember whats her face.

Why did I even get upset? She is done with this life. I pushed her too far & she ran just like everyone else does.

Oh & that one guy too. What's his name? Kenny? Yeah him. He's in love with her & she's so oblivious she can't see it. I mean come on. It's like he has a sign on his forehead that says I love Hayden.

She's a dumb bitch. But she's my dumb bitch. God I'm gonna miss her so damn much.

I turn onto my stomach & when sleep finds me my last thoughts are of Hayden's lips.

When I wake up the next morning I know what day it is & I feel like my heart got hit by a truck. It hurts. I don't understand. It's not like she died or anything she's just leaving. She's going to Chicago.

Ugh. Stop thinking about her.

I hear a knock at the door. "Darin. If you want to say goodbye to Hayden you gotta go now. We're all going to be there as a surprise when she gets back from telling Railin. She's leaving for the airport at 1 so if you want to see her go before then. It's 11 right now." He says & I can hear his footsteps fade away.

I chuckle to myself. He's so whipped.

I sit up and pull on some random clothes. I have no intention of seeing her, but I want to get dressed & do something far away from here. I don't need the temptation to say goodbye to her.