Chapter 9~ Apology Take Two

We get to Mrs. Sporsky's room and I take a deep breath. Kenny and Luke glance at me unsure what to do. I exhale and step inside with the boys following closely behind.

Without a second thought I scan the room.I see Darin and he looks really upset. I walk over to him and sit next to him.

"Darin, are you ok sweetie?" I ask softly.

Please don't hate me, please.

He looks up at me and I can see the hurt in his eyes. "I just feel so betrayed by you and Railin. You are my girlfriend and he's my best friend. I can't believe you would do that to me." He says.

"I'm so sorry baby I was just pissed because you lied to me about her and I was hurt and he was so nice and sweet, but I feel nothing for him I swear. I love YOU and you only. I'm so so so sorry Darin. Please forgi....." I say, but I am unable to finish because he wraps me in his arms and kisses me.

"Awww shiittt." The guys say, but I don't care I'm too busy kissing Darin because I know this is the last one until later in the day.

After a few moments we stop and I look up at him smiling. He looks at me and he smiles. I kiss him again. Then we hear the click of Mrs. Sporsky's shoes coming down the hallway and we stop and sit in our seats.

"Good morning class. Today we will be learning about.." Her voice fades away as I lock eyes with Darin.

God he is so amazing.

"I want to kiss you right now." He mouths.

I smile. "I want to kiss you too." I mouth back.

"She is so crazy. She thinks that we care." He mouths.

I laugh a little loudly. "I know right. Is she smoking crack or something?" I mouth back.

He laughs.

"I'm sorry am I interrupting your conversation here?" Sporsky asks. We shake our heads. "Ok then well would you please open your books to page 348, & do problems 1-30. You can look back in the chapter if you need to. Turn your work in at the end of the period." She says.

Someone raises their hand. "Yes, Michael." She says.

"Can we work with a partner?" He asks.

"Yes you can, but they have to be close to your seat." Sporsky says. She goes back to her seat and Darin looks at me.

"You want to work together?" He asks.

I smile. "Of course I do." I say as I get up and walk over.

"Oooooohhhh" Kenny and Luke say. I give them a look and they laugh.

I sit by Darin and start problem number 1. He keeps staring at me. After awhile I have to ask what he is doing, so I stop working on problem number 3.

"What are you looking at?" I ask.

He smiles. "Just the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my entire life." He says.

I blush. "Come on we have to work." I say.

"Ok." He says.

"You do the even ones I'll do the odd ones." I say.

He is still staring. "Ok." He says.

I start on my problems and have them all done 20 minutes later. I look over at Darin and he is on number 18.

I choose not to say anything to him about it. I just copy down the ones he has done and try to figure out the one he is working on now.

The door to the classroom opens and I look up to see Railin walking in and sitting in the seat next to me. I look at him and he looks hurt and pissed.

I feel so horrible.

"Hey are you ok Railin?" I ask quietly.

"No, I have a bruised rib and I sprained my wrist." He says while he glares at Darin.

"I am so sorry. It's my fault that you guys got into that fight." I say.

"It's really not your fault. I hit him so hard that I sprained my wrist. You did nothing wrong. It was me and him. We did this, not you." Railin says.

Darin looks up to ask me a question and he sees me talking to Railin. We stop talking immediately.

Shit.

"Oh don't let me stop you. What was going to happen next? Were you guys going to kiss? Or were you going to just jump across the table and fuck here right here?" He asks.

Is he serious?

Railin sighs. "Dude it isn't like that, seriously. She asked if I was ok because if you remember you did beat the shit outta me when I was unconscious. I have a bruised rib and a sprained wrist." Railin replies.

He is definitely still pissed.

"You made out with my girlfriend after we had a fight. How am I supposed to not be worried about you guys now?" Darin says.

I have to step in or something might happen.

"Baby, listen I was just upset ok? I kissed him, he didn't kiss me. He was being so nice and I was emotional. Don't forget that only a week ago we buried your parents and your little sister. They were part of my family too. You aren't the only one who is hurting here Darin. You can't be a selfish prick all the time." I say trying to be strong, but the tears fall.

Great. Freaking perfect.

Darin is so pissed about what I said that he just gets up and leaves. Railin goes after him because he remembers what happened last time I cried with him.

Mrs. Sporsky gets up and comes over. She puts her arm around me. "What's wrong Hayden? Are you alright?" She asks quietly.

I shake my head. "No it's not. Nothing's ok. There all gone and he only has me and Gabby and Adrian and Nick, but I lost them too and he doesn't get that. He is just so angry at me. I can't handle it." I say, but when I cry I hyperventilate so I don't think she understood me.

"It's ok sweetie. I understand. Do you want to go see the counselor or do you want to stay here?" She asks.

"I want to stay here please." I say.

"Ok then. I have to go back to my desk, but feel free to come up to me if you need anything ok?" She says.

"Ok, thank you Mrs. Sporsky." I say.

"Anytime sweetie." She says as she gets up and leaves. I keep crying, but I calm down after a few minutes.

Darin and Railin come back and I'm still crying, but not as bad as I was.

"Baby I am so sorry that I hurt you. I was just mad, and I know that you lost them too. I'm not the only one and I should have been more considerate of what happened between you and Railin. I know that there aren't feelings for him and he doesn't feel that way about you. Please don't cry anymore. Please I love you so much, don't cry." He says and he wraps me in a hug.

"I'm sorry for what I said too. I love you too." I say. I'm calm now and we are ok.

We let Railin copy our work and finish the rest of the problems. The period ends and I feel crappy. I'm not going to see him for a while. We go into the hallway and he picks me up and we stand there kissing for a few moments. He puts me down and we go to our separate classes.

I have history class with Mr. Wright next. I turn around he is watching me go so I blow him an air kiss and he catches it. He puts it in his pocket for later. I smile and continue to walk down the hallway to class.

God I hate school. Too much drama. It's overwhelming.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was Chapter 10 of "You're All I Need"? Did Darin forgive them too easily? Was Railin mad because Darin punched him or mad that Darin was being so rude to Hayden? Has Darin truly forgiven them or is he tired of hearing their apologies? Tell me your theories! Thanks guys!!