Chapter 12~ Alibies & Spanish

We sit outside the office for about 15 minutes while Halki talks to Elena & Kilee. When the leave Mr. Halki takes me into his office.

"Hayden what happened?" He asks.

You can tell he is very angry. Should I risk lying and getting caught to help out a girl I don't know? No, just tell the truth. She will be fine. At least that's what I tell myself.

"Well Kilee sat at our table and Elena asked who invited her to sit with us and Kilee said, "We are all friends except me and you because you are a fucking cunt." Then Elena said, "At least I didn't fuck every guy at this table in one night when I was 13. And I promise you honey nobody at this table wants your dirty ass here. We all know the only reason you are here is to try and get with Darin so you can fuck him, but guess what honey he has a girlfriend. Her name is Hayden and she is a billion times better than you could ever hope to be. See she isn't a nasty little whore like you. She is classy. So please go get a vibrator or something and hop off every guy that says hi to you's dick. Thank you."

"Then Kilee walked away, but she came back and slapped Elena in the face and said, "Come on bitch!" Elena got up and sucker punched her in the mouth. Then Kilee charged her, but Elena did a spin kick and Kilee fell to the ground. Kilee then got up and punched Elena in the stomach. Elena grabbed her by her hair and spun her around while punching her in the face." I say. I pause before continuing the story.

"The security guard came over and tried to break them apart, but Kilee got free and tackled Elena. Then Elena pushed Kilee off of her and then put Kilee on the ground and got on top of her. She started punching Kilee in the face repeatedly. And said, "Don't ever touch me again!" That's when the second guard came and they finally separated them." I say.

He nods.

"And did you say anything to Kilee when she came over?" He asks.

"No sir I didn't. I just continued talking to Cassie." I say.

"That's not what I've been hearing." He says.

For some reason I feel like whatever has been said wasn't in my favor.

"What have you been hearing?" I ask.

"I have heard that you called her some names and said some rude things to her. She replied and then Elena stepped in and this happened." He says.

"Well that's a complete lie. You can ask anyone at the table. I didn't say anything. I know that you heard that from Kilee and she doesn't like me anyways." I reply. 

It was that bitch Kilee. I just know it.

"Well I'll talk to the others, but as of right now you could be getting detention for a day or two." He says.

"Ok." I say.

"You can go and send in Kenny Rogers please." He says.

"Ok, thank you sir." I say as I walk out. They all look at me and I look at Kenny.

"Halki wants you next Ken." I say. He gets up and walks in. I sit by Darin.

"Hey what happened?" He asks.

"Kilee told him I called her names and said things about her and I caused the fight when I didn't." I say.

I lean my head on his shoulder. " What did you say though?" He asks.

"I told him what happened, but I didn't tell him some of the things Elena said." I say.  

"Good. We want to keep her out of as much trouble as possible. She is our friend." He says.

Now I kind of feel guilty for telling the entire truth. I should've covered more for Elena.

"He said I can go, but I'm staying with you." I say.

He smiles. "I wish I could kiss you right now." He says.

"I know, but we will kiss later. You will make it baby." I say.

"I hope so." He says.

We both fall asleep

Everyone gets called in one by one and finally Darin gets called in. I sit up and everyone is there waiting with me.

"I hope he will be ok." I say.

"He'll be fine Hay." Says Railin.

"I know. I just worry." I say.

"Well don't. He is a big boy and he wasn't even involved they just need a statement." He says.

"Ok." I say.

I'm so nervous. I hope he's ok.

He comes out a few moments later and he says Halki needs me again so I get up and go back inside.

Oh god I hope I'm not in trouble.

"Well Hayden you were telling the truth and you will not be getting in trouble. Everyone told me that you didn't say anything and you are free to go." Halki says.

"Thank you sir." I say.

I walk out smiling. Darin gets up and we leave. It's time for sixth period. So me and Darin walk together.

"Did you get in trouble?" I ask.

"Naw he just wanted my side of the story." He says.

"Good, now kiss me." I say.

We kiss and everything is ok. I'm so happy that I don't even care anymore. I'm with him and everything is ok.

After a few moments we pull back and smile at each other. We lock hands and walk down the hallway to our lockers to get our stuff for Spanish class. Then we head to the classroom.

We walk in and sit in our seats. We are in the same group as Railin and Makayla. I sit across from Darin and beside Railin.

Mr. Julian is our teacher and today we are learning how to ask important questions in Spanish. We have to practice with the person next to us. We have a list of what to say and how to say it in Spanish. We only get to have the list for 15 minutes then he collects it and we have to practice without it. At the end of class three groups are going to present a scenario to the class and it will be entirely in Spanish.

I look down at the list and see "What is your name?" I ask Railin. He replies. We go through the list over and over until it is burned into our brains. Then Mr. Julian collects the lists and have to keep going.

Thank goodness there were only five questions on the list. We run through them a few more times. Then we talk about what scenario we could do. We decide on saying he is a tourist and I am a Spanish towns person. He asks me what my name is, where the nearest hotel is, and directions to getting there. We go through this scenario a few times before the period ends. Mr. Julian's timer goes off and he closes his eyes and picks out three pieces of paper from a jar.

The groups are Makayla and Darin, Kenny and Cassie, and Kilee and Elena.

How are they still in class and why are they working together?

Darin and Makayla go up and they are pretty good.

Cassie and Kenny go and you can tell she is more prepared than he is.

Then Kilee and Elena go.

They don't look at each other they say their lines and walk away.

Mr. Julian gives everyone a round of applause.

Well that was awkward.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was Chapter 13 of "You're All I Need"? Will Kilee & Elena be suspended? Why were they still in class? Does Elena know Hayden ratted her out? Comment what you think! Hope you like it!