Chapter 8~ Roll With it

We get to Mrs. Sporsky's class and he sitting there laughing and talking to all the guys. I walk over and I have to weave through them. I can hear some of the guys talking about me, but I don't say anything.

"Darin I have to talk to you. Come over her please, in private." I say.

"Ok. Hey guys I'll be back in a sec I gotta talk to my girl." He says.

We go to the corner where Railin is waiting.

This is going to be so hard. God.

"We have to tell you something." I say, nervously looking at the floor.

"Oh shit is it bad?" He asks.

"A little." Says Railin.

"Listen when Railin came after me I was crying because I felt so betrayed by you. Railin talked to me and held me while I cried and while he was whipping my tears away we kissed, but it was a one time thing. There are no feelings there. He was just being so nice that I kissed him." I blurt out.

I turn to Railin signaling him to start telling his side of the story.

"Yeah dude, you know that she isn't my type and I would never intentionally do that shit to y..." He tries to say, but Darin sucker punches him in the jaw. 

Oh my god. NO!!!!

Mrs. Sporsky went to the office to turn something in and she won't be back for another 5 minutes. Darin kept hitting Railin, but Railin gets up and punches him back.

"Kenny! Luke! Jaden! Come help me stop them please!!" I yell to the boys.

They come over and it takes all three to stop Darin. Railin doesn't need stopped because he is already knocked out.

"Oh shit." Kenny says.

Did I forget to mention Kenny was in this class?

"We gotta take him to the nurse and make up a story before Sporsky gets back." I say, anxiously.

Great. Just great.

"Yeah like he tripped over someone's book bag and fell down the steps." Says Luke.

"Jaden can you stay with Darin?" I ask.

"Of course I will, Hay." He says & he throws me a smile which I return.

"Thanks Jaden. Ok Kenny, Luke, you guys pick him up. I'll open doors and make sure the coast is clear so no body sees us walk out of the room." I say.

I check and then have them bring him out then we throw some stuff on the steps so it looks like he tripped on the bag and all his stuff fell too.

"So why'd Darin hit him?" Asks Kenny.

"Uh me and Darin are dating and we got in a fight and I kissed Railin." I say.

"Shit dude. He was pissed. So your with Darin now?" Asks Kenny.

"Yeah I am." I say.

"Damn I was trying to get with you for so long. Guess I can't touch your ass anymore huh?" He asks.

Me and Luke laugh.

"Um no you can't touch her ass unless you want to end up like Railin here?" Says Luke.

Kenny laughs. "Ha shit man. Darin wouldn't even touch me if I did. I be like Jackie Chan. Whachaaa!!" He says as he karate chops Luke's arm.

"Oww you fucker." Says Luke.

We turn the corner and it's clear so we start walking down the hallway to the nurses office. We walk in and Nurse Wooly looks up at us. When she sees Railin she tells the boys to set him on the bed.

She's clearly worried. It's great to know the staff actually cares about the students.

"How did this happen? Was he in a fight?" Mrs. Wooly asks.

I hide the panic I'm feeling from her question.

"No, he was messing around with Kenny and Luke and he ran down the steps and tripped on my bag. His history book fell on his head, and knocked him out. We decided to just carry him here." I reply.

I hope it's a convincing story.

"You kids need to be more careful. People can get really hurt." She says as she examines Railin.

"Is he ok?" Luke asks.

"I think he is fine. Just got knocked out is all. Well you guys better go talk to Mr. Halki about this. He needs to file a report. Was a teacher there?" Wooly asks.

"No we were on the far stair well and there weren't any teachers that we saw." Kenny says, a small bead of sweat showing on his brow.

He better keep his cool, I swear.

"Ok, was anyone else there?" She asks.

"Just Jaden Farley and Darin Wilard. They stayed to clean up the books and stuff." Luke says.

Wow that was a good lie.

"Alright well go and talk to Halki. I don't think you kids will get into trouble. It was just you guys messing around. I know this wasn't intentional. Go on now and I'll take good care of Railin." Mrs. Wooly says.

"Thank you Mrs. Wooly." We say.

We head to the office. "Guys we have to say the same things so tell him you guys were just messing around and he ran down the steps, tripped on my bag, and his history book fell on his head." He starts before taking a beat & beginning again.

"No teachers were there and we were in the far hallway. Jaden and Darin stayed to clean up the books." Kenny says.

"Alright, but let me talk to him first ok?" I say.

"That's cool." Kenny says.

I walk into the office and say, "Excuse me Sandy, but Luke, Kenny, and I need to speak with Mr. Halki please." I ask.

"Yes go right in." Sandy says.

"Thank you Sandy." I say happily.

Sandy has always been really sweet.

We all walk to Mr. Halki's door, I knock. "Come in." He says. I open the door and we come in.

"What can I do for you?" Halki asks.

"Mr. Halki, Railin Charles had an accident on the far stairwell today. He was messing around with Kenny and Luke when he ran down the stairs he tripped on my book bag and he dropped his history book on his head and got knocked out."

"We took him to the nurse's office while Darin and Jaden cleaned up the books and stuff." I say.

"When did this happen?" Halki asks.

"About 10 minutes ago." I reply.

I hope he doesn't notice how nervous I am.

"You guys have to be more careful or someone will really get hurt." Halki says.

"How is he doing?" He asks.

"Mrs. Wooly said that other than being unconscious he checks out okay by her." Says Kenny.

"Ok, well we won't know anything till he wakes up. Why don't you guys get to class? I'll talk to you later." Halki says.

"Ok, thank you sir." Luke says.

We walk into the hallway and back to Sporsky's room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was Chapter 9 of "You're All I Need"? Do you think Darin with forgive Hayden & Railin? What will happen to the boys' friendship? Is Kenny really into Hayden or is he just screwing around? Let me know! Thanks!