Part 16 This is War

Comenzar desde el principio

Why is she calling training off? This isn't much different than most of my attacks. Natsu remembered why though, she wasn't used to his former magic; didn't know what he was capable of.

"My Fullbring isn't out of control, there's no need to quit training. This isn't anything new. This-" Natsu stopped his nose twitching. This scent...it's like his eyes widened. Paper, Sandalwood!

Immediately, Natsu flew out of Riley's Doll House at the same instant Happy's attacker cut Riruka's Fullbring. On his shoulder was a Gladius made of near black fire with veins of red, the blade itself gleaming as if it were made of real metals instead of fire.

The man in front of him wasn't what he was expecting, he had imagined someone with muscle mass rivaling Laxus or Gajeel, not a man as lean as he was. Remember, this is not like Earthland, not everybody is a muscle freak. This must be Tsukishima.

"Did you know that if you break the receptacle for Riruka's Doll House then the contents are forcibly ejected, I cannot believe you were training in something like that. But, all that aside, I see that your Fullbring has already advanced to this point." Tsukishima paused dramatically, his brows drawing together in a false expression of melancholy. "It would have been nice if someone had informed me, don't you think?" Head tilting in question, one hand dancing along a single piece of paper.

Natsu and Tsukishima met in a dance of blades the instant Tsukishima tensed to attack.

"Wow." Tsukishima's slanted eyes widened in mock surprise. "That is impressive. In case you don't know I am Tsukishima Shuukurou, the very same person who attacked your little blue cat. Just to let you he was too easy to cut down, bled quite a bit too. By the way, how is he doing? I aimed to kill him, though maybe I was a bit off. Oh well." Tsukishima shrugged.

Natsu's jaw clenched at how callous-and mocking-Tsukishima was. He brought his sword back, blasting flames through the blade until they added two extra feet to the blade.

"Natsu, don't!" Natsu ignored Ginjo's and Jackie's cry. This bastard had crossed the line.

Natsu leaped off his left foot, flying at his opponent with his speed. They flew through the back wall to the roof, no way was Natsu letting his prey go without causing some damage.

They stood on the roof, just staring at each other. The only reason Natsu didn't attack was due to Ginjo holding the back of his shirt. He could have easily ripped free, he didn't feel like going back home shirtless since he didn't have his unnatural body heat anymore.

Tsukishima swung his sword out causing Natsu to fly at him in a rage, the pinkette was not letting his son's attacker go unscathed. Their blades clashed in a sparking flurry, sending Tsukishima sailing backward off the roof.

"Very nice." Tsushima's voice rubbing Natsu's nerves raw.

Natsu followed Him right off the roof, blade in the air behind him. "I am aware you are just beginning your mastery of Fullbring, yet it is still incomplete." Tsukishima's swing sent Natsu crashing down on the roof.

"If you lose yourself to your emotions it makes your Fullbring unstable. As such-" Tsukishima's blade came down on Natsu's sword, the flame weapon instantly being snuffed until only smoke curled up from where it once lay against the roof. His next swing-for Natsu's sword-wielding arm-was blocked by Ginjo's Fullbring.

"Sorry," Ginjo's voice began. "apparently it's too soon for the two of you to duke it out like children."

"Ginjo." Tsukishima drawled. "Are you trying to get in my way?"

"Not at all, I'm just not in the mood to see two brats quarreling on uneven ground; in my eyes, you are the one trying to 'get in my way', like a spoilt child."

"I can still fight him, let me-!" Ginjo cut off Natsu's pained plea-it felt like a rib was cracked from impact.

"Now, don't get me wrong, I'd gladly let you fight him if that meant you wouldn't die. Being the way it just lies there and let me save you, can't have you dying on me after all. I'll end this soon, brat." Ginjo almost sounded like he cared for Natsu, can't have anyone thinking he did. "If you don't back down now, Tsukishima, I'll be forced to fight you; you should know if we go at it you'll be the one who ends up dead."

Finished talking, Ginjo ran at Tsukishima with his blade skimming the ground. Natsu could only watch as he witnessed two masters of Fullbring going at it, watched as sparks flew when blade met blade. His own duel with the lean man resembled an adult playing with a toddler; he was going easy on the pinkette.

Anger kept building in the pinkette, he wanted to avenge his son, wanted to do it by his own hand, not proxy. You watched as Lucy was almost killed, watched while Erza nearly sacrificed herself to fight Jellal, watched as he barely caught Lucy from falling to her death; he wasn't going to stand by this time!

His flipped upright, forming his Gladius again, flash stepping until he was directly behind Tsukushima, sword swinging for a fatal strike. This time he was going to do something before any of this friends were hurt. Tsukishima turned in time to have Natsu's flames singe part of his dress shirt.

Natsu's arm had swung out for one more strike, the world around him went black. He vaguely heard the name Yukio before whatever held him shut off.