Part 16 This is War

Start from the beginning

Natsu's hand just barely wrapped around her foot, stopping it too close to his ear for comfort. "Tch." This kick is stronger than the ones before it, almost broke my hand. He forgot about force, his feet whipping off the ground when she brought her leg down, face crashing down on the ash covered ground.

"Have you figured anything out yet?" Jackie queried.

"You appear to get stronger as we fight-like myself-but that doesn't seem to be quite the case does it?" Natsu questioned back.

"Smart boy," Jackie smirked. "You are partly correct, the dirtier my boots get the stronger they get. From here on out they are going to get exceptionally stronger, do you really think you can keep holding back?" Apparently, Jackie had reached her tolerance for his attitude.

"How long do you think you can hold back?! DON'T YOU GET IT YET?! You aren't a Soul Reaper! You're fighting with a body that is made if flesh and bone, not a spirit! If you keep blocking my attacks you'll die, just now I could have shattered your eardrum, how long do you think it'll take for me to break your neck when your arms are nothing more than broken bones?" Natsu's hands formed fireballs he favored.

"Do you truly know one thing you can do?! That move leaves too much room for deflecting or dodging, flying in with your fists on fire doesn't work either, all it takes is one kick and you go crashing down." Jackie proved this when Natsu came at her with fist flaming.

Fighting Fullbringers and Soul Reapers was so much different than other mages, they had too good to be true reflexes making his more obliterating attacks almost ineffective. Brute force worked with those he was used to facing off against, sure his analyzation abilities were on par with Levy's or Freed's, that did not mean his attacks were subtle.

So far he's only used mimics of Iron Fist, Wing Attack, and Brilliant Flame not his speed or other attacks. He didn't think his Secret Arts or his full body blades would leave him unscathed. Also didn't feel like burning himself to a crisp since they new flames were way hotter than his old ones.

"You are too slow when it comes to fighting, you have durability just not speed." There's one attack I can still use. Natsu grinned, it was perfect.

"Then I guess I just have to be a little faster then." Natsu needed to fight like a soul reaper, not a mage. He did just that.

Much like Jackie did Natsu appeared behind her, his sword-something that still resembled Ichigo's own blade-forming in a nanosecond. Using the flat of his blade sent Jackie flying through the air.

Jackie smirked as she stood up from her prone position. "I'm impressed, finally stop holding back?"

Natsu nodded his head. "Figured out I needed to stop thinking about how I used to fight, needed to realize the only way I could win was to fight like a soul reaper or Fullbringer. I have more fighting experience than you do, I've been fighting since age seven, all of that is against other types of opponents not soul reapers or fullbringers. In order to fight you, I have to fight like you."

Jackie would have felt insulted if not for Natsu's gravely serious expression. Suddenly, Natsu's right arm-his dominate arm-ignited in near black flames.

"NATSU!" Jackie called out.

Natsu himself looked down at his arm, unable to process what was happening. The sight was nothing different than what he was used to but it felt different; something was happening, he just didn't know what.

Jackie interpreted his expression as something that it wasn't; fear. "I'm calling this session off, your Fullbring is going out of control. Oi!" Jackie tilted her head to the roof. "Somebody get Riruka to deactivate her Doll House!"