The First Sunset ❁

Start from the beginning

I could feel my face heating up now and I didn't know how to respond to his messages. I tried to type several messages but ended up deleting them immediately.

Me:
You should stop saying things like that Byun Baekhyun. Or else I'm going to go crazy about you.
1:54 PM

I sent him about eight laughing out loud emoji too so it wouldn't seem like I meant what I said.

Byun:
I'm going to pretend you're not joking Park Hae Won.
1:55 PM

I wasn't joking though.

Byun:
Do you have a boyfriend?
1:57 PM

I couldn't believe he was asking me this question casually but I decided to tell him the truth.

Me:
No.
1:59 PM

Byun:
I don't have a girlfriend. Just in case you wanna know. XD
2:00 PM

I automatically smiled when I read it.

Me:
Hmm..I think I should contact a journalist about this. A lot of fangirls will be happy to hear this news.
2:02 PM

I got a laughing emoji as a reply to my recent message.

We talked for about an hour before we had to end it because he was already being called. He told me that he was doing a photo shoot today. He even said that I should anticipate how handsome he would be and that I must buy a copy of the magazine. I ended up laughing so hard after he said it.
***

The next few days went like a blur. Baekhyun and I started to text each other regularly. And to be honest, I was starting to get worried because I kept thinking that he might stop texting me one day and I'd be left alone to deal with it.

I told myself many times that he just wanted to be friends. And friendship would be the only relationship that could ever exist between us. Yes, that would be the most rational thing that could happen.

***

It was a Thursday evening. Ji Hye and I were watching a TV show where one of the guests was Baekhyun. She said that he would be performing one of his songs so we should watch him.

He sang a very sweet song. His voice sounded like Honey. His falsettos were amazing too. And his facial expressions while he sang were so beautiful. He looked and sounded so pleasant that I couldn't help but smile a lot.

"Eonnie?" Ji Hye called me and I momentarily detached my attention from the TV to her.

"Yes, Ji Hye?"

"You love him, don't you?"

I almost choked at her question. I paused for a moment before letting out an awkward laugh.

"What are you talking about Ji Hye?"

"You kept on smiling the whole time. The way you also look at him, it's like the one in the dramas. Like when the female lead looks at the lead guy." She explained.

Why did she have to be this smart? Did I look like that?

Was I falling for Baekhyun?

"Well, he's a really good singer, right? And his song..." I paused to think of a very good excuse. "Ah right! His song is a sweet love song. I kind of loved it. That's why I was smiling the whole time." I told her, my words coming out fast.

She threw me a doubtful look for a brief second then she turned to the TV, where Baekhyun was being interviewed by the host.

"You know what Eonnie? I think you and Baekhyun will look cute together."