Part 2

~

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."

-Leo Tolstoy

~

"Hello, wonderful amazing fantastic big brother of mine." Vanessa sang as she walked into my room.

She had come over a few hours ago and had been watching tv downstairs. My mom was at work and with school starting up again soon Mr.Schindler, my mom's fiancé and my old art teacher, was usually gone during the day.

I was finally starting to get used to having Mr.Schindler around. I always thought he was an okay dude and he made my mom happy so there wasn't much to complain about.

'Hello?" I said slowly as I sat up in suspicion. I hadn't been doing much just doodling in my sketchbook. I was waiting for one of the guys to text me back so we could hang out.

You would think that since I was back I would see them all the time like I used to, but I hadn't seen any of them since my party.

My shrink told me not to take it personally, so I tried not to get too upset about it. But still, I missed having my friends around. I guess that was the one thing I was kinda excited about for school.

Vanessa stared at me as she stood in my doorway.

Her blonde hair straight and cropped extremely short falling just passed her ears.

"Is there something you need?" I asked raising my brow.

She swayed side to side the smile on her face growing.

"Now that you mention it there is something... I was wondering if we could go to the mall? I would love to get a new outfit for the first day of school especially because I'll still pretty much be the new girl because I only started school here in the last two months of the last school year. And, I texted Grace and she told me she was at the mall and I figured-"

"Sure," I said cutting her off. I could use some time out of the house anyway.

'Awesome!" Vanessa said happily as I slipped on some shoes.

My room finally looked like a room again. It had taken some time after my... freak out, but the paint stains were finally gone.

We walked downstairs and out of the house before getting into my car.

It was weird being behind the wheel again.

'You okay, Daniel?" Vanessa asked me as we sat silently in the driveway. I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts.

"Yeah," I mumbled as I put the car in drive and pulled out.

It didn't take long to get to the mall. After I parked we walked through Macy's and into the main area.

That mall hadn't changed much since the last time I was here. It was still buzzing with life and smelt faintly of popcorn.

"I'm going to go find Grace. Thanks again for the ride. I'll text you later." Vanessa yelled before running away to a random direction of stores.

Here I was standing in the middle of a crowd and I still felt alone. I sighed.

Though the place looked the same the people had changed.

And, I really wanted to fucking smoke. I wonder where I could buy a pack in here- no, Daniel.

No smoking, no drinking, no drugs. No smoking, no drinking, no drugs. No smokin-