Chapter 8

Me: Wow, I haven’t updated this story in awhile! Sorry, so much school work and since I’m graduating – there’s thesis and everything else. Anyway, I don’t own ROTG or Frozen. 

Chapter 8 

Jack stared in horror as Anna stood in front two huge boulders with words inscribed onto it. 

Here lies the king. A loving and kind ruler. 

Here lies the queen. A forever supportive woman to our king and our country. 

The guardian of fun slowly dropped down onto one of the rocks near Anna. He bit his lower lip; how could the sisters live now? With their parents gone at their teenage years, Anna and Elsa would have to grow up much faster now. As much as he hated growing up himself, he had no choice but to help Elsa and Anna along the way. With the winter coming, the city would be taking in a big blow now without a ruling head. 

“I wish there was some way I could talk to them,” Jack exhaled sharply and watched the funeral until an idea hit him. “Wait a minute...!” 

You’re a ghost, Jack. Don’t ghosts know how to overshadow people? 

“Yes, of course,” Jack began looking around before seeing the butler standing nearby. “Maybe...” 

Jack jumped off the rock and slowly crept towards the butler. He exhaled sharply while looking closely before crafting a small snowball, moulding it and imbuing it with hiss own power. He breathed into it before jumping high into the air and smacking the snowball into his face. The butler’s eyes widened as Jack skidded and jumped into the man’s body. 

“Ugh,” Jack groaned as he fully overshadowed his body. “I’m never gonna do that again...” 

As the people began to walk away, Jack walked towards Anna using the body of the butler. He sighed deeply before standing next to Anna.

“Your father was a great man,” he started. 

Anna nodded sadly. “Y-yeah...”

“Where is Elsa? I thought she would be with you, your highness,” Jack glanced around, realizing Elsa was not around. 

Anna clenched her fists tightly, sobbing. “E-Elsa never opened the door...” 

Jack’s eyes widened as he remembered how Elsa had constantly been afraid. Even as the parents were gone, Elsa had never once left her room only to eat when Anna had already retreated to her room. He had watched over her everyday, hoping to let her hear his voice. However, she had completely denied his existence. Whether or not she still heard his voice, Jack wasn’t sure. 

“But you shouldn’t give up on her,” Jack smiled kindly, dropping his hand on Anna’s shoulder. “Try again. You need each other.” 

Anna glanced at him with a small smile. “You know, I feel like I’ve met you before.” 

“Sure you have, I’ve been your butler for years,” Jack joked while trying to keep his image. Oh yeah, she has to think I’m her butler. 

The brunette princess shook her head. “No, I feel like there’s something else... Something bright and fun...” 

Jack’s eyes widened as she smiled straight into his eyes. He could feel the princess’ eyes boring into the holes of his very soul and ignore that he had overshadowed the butler. He swallowed nervously as she held the butler’s hands but somehow, he felt that she started holding his hands instead.