Chapter 18

Me: Wow we're now at the climax of Tainted Ice! It's amazing how this story got so far! But it looks like it's about to come to a close. I don't own Frozen or Rise of the Guardians.

Chapter 18

Cold.

Dark.

Alone.

As much as she said the cold didn't bother her, Elsa found herself seeing her own breath and shivering. She tried to warm herself only to find her hands in chains. She struggled and began to yank as hard as she could only for her to slip and fall on her back.

"Ow," Elsa groaned while wincing in pain. "That hurt..."

Elsa looked around and then sadly stared out of the window. She saw a small scene of what had happened to Arendelle through her window, seeing everything covered by a blanket of snow. She shook her head, completely distraught at what happened. She knew her powers were powerful but she didn't expect herself to have the capacity to unceremoniously drop a blanket of snow and ice in their faces.

"What have I done," Elsa shook her head in despair. "The women, the children... Do they even have food...?"

However, a voice suddenly cut her thoughts short. "Don't be such a hypocrite, Elsa."

Elsa froze and slowly turned behind her only to see Dark Elsa standing right behind her. However, instead of being afraid - Elsa steeled her expression and narroeed her eyes at the dark image of herself. Dark Elsa, seeing that Elsa no longer feared her, chuckled and casually began strolling in her cell before taking a seat on the bench.

"Well, you got what you wanted," Dark Elsa shrugged. "You're alone."

Elsa scowled. "Yes with you bugging me every step of the way though."

"Not my fault. Why don't you just accept the fact that you actually don't care what happens to those who get affected by your powers?"

"That's because I do! You may be me but not ALL of me."

Dark Elsa chuckled, seeing that she hit a nerve. "So the queen finally puts out her claws. Took you long enough."

Elsa glared at her and said nothing. She looked away and bit her lower lip darkly; what had happened? All she remembered was that there were 2 soldiers about to kill her and Jack. Her eyes widened when she realized that Jack was nowhere to be found. She looked around desperately and then glared at Dark Elsa.

"Where is he," Elsa said coldly.

Dark Elsa shrugged. "I have no idea who you're talking about."

"Don't play stupid with me," Elsa scolded. "If you're me then, you should know who I am talking about!"

"Did you not just prove that I am not you?"

"I said that you weren't all of me. Now answer me, where is he?"

Dark Elsa drummed her fingers on her chin and smiled slowly. "Oh you mean our beloved Jackie? Our Winter Guardian?"

Elsa seethed at how Dark Elsa called Jack "Jackie". "Yes. Now where is he?"

Dark Elsa shrugged. "Dunno. Kinda the disadvantage of being stuck in your head is that what you see is what I see. Being a part of you also means that I also carry some of your feelings."

Elsa nodded and glared at her."And if you don't tell me, I'll freeze you!"

Dark Elsa threw her hands up in the air mockingly. "Oh look at me, I'm shivering in my boots. But," - she grinned maliciously. "The cold never bothered me anyway."