Chapter 16

Me: Sorry for the long hiatus but now I have Chapter 16! I’ve been concentrating a bit too much lately on my Shingeki no Kyojin x Beyblade story because I really love the action and the dynamics in Shingeki no Kyojin and how it could be questioned politically and philosophically. Anyway, I intend to finish this fanfiction so do not worry my dear fans! Anyway, now on with the story – I do not own Frozen or Rise of the Guardians. I only own the plotline!

Chapter 16

All alone in the castle…

That was exactly what Elsa was currently. 

Elsa couldn’t understand what was going on. She exhaled sharply while looking at the icy palace she had created for herself. While she was free to use her powers in any way she wished, there was something inside her that was lacking. She then looked at her palms fearfully before looking up to see her reflection in the icy walls. She guiltily shut her eyes when she remembered how her emotions spiraled out of control and created a huge blizzard before blasting Anna. Although she did not see where, remembering how Anna began staggering around knew it was some sort of fatal blow. When she looked up into her reflection again, her icy blue eyes widened with horror when she suddenly saw her reflection slowly smile evilly at her. It cruelly smirked as the lights in the room seemed to dim and the reflection began moving by itself. 

“Oh Elsa,” it crooned. “You poor misunderstood creature…”

Elsa gasped and staggered back. “Wh-who are you?” 

It shrugged nonchalantly. “Wouldn’t the better question to ask would be who are you?”

 “Isn’t that what I just asked!?” 

Sensing Elsa’s moodiness, her reflection giggled softly before revealing a dark smile. “Yes, yes, I am not deaf,” – she waved her hand dismissively and stepped out of the mirror. “But really? Are you really Queen Elsa of Arendelle? Or are you just some selfish little girl who won’t control her powers?” 

Elsa’s blood boiled. “What are you talking about!?” 

“You’re free here in this castle,” the reflection gestured to all the icy structures. “Your powers made this! This grand, magnificent structure – think of what you can do! And this is when you’re alone and free!” 

Elsa nodded; she wasn’t wrong about that. 

“But when you’re around others,” her reflection glared at her. “You hide yourself. You turn yourself into this stuck-up little brat that has to do everything that everybody expects you to do! You hid us!” 

Elsa snapped. “You’re not a part of me! You don’t even know me!” 

“Don’t give me that junk,” the reflection stormed towards her and grabbed her chin to make her look eye to eye. “What kind of queen abandons her people when she had been newly crowned!?” 

“The kind that cares for her people!” 

“Really? That does not explain Anna.” 

Elsa opened her mouth to say something but then chose to remain silent instead. She could not deny what had happened to Anna; it was the second time she had hurt her sister. But it was a complete and utter accident! She didn’t mean to attack her but Anna simply just had to keep pushing her until it really ticked her off. She warned her to stay away! Yes, she warned her, Elsa tried to reason with herself. If Anna had not been so hard-headed about things then, things would not have escalated this far! 

“Yes, let’s not just remember Anna but that fateful night where you were kidnapped,” her reflection grinned evilly and stared beadily into her eyes. “Don’t you remember how dark it was? And how cold it was? Look at the magnificence of cold and dark!”