Chapter 26

I don't own Rise of the Guardians or Frozen!

He was alone.

No matter what happened, the castle felt empty. Even with his 12 older brothers, Hans had never felt so alone in his life. They were always so busy, dealing with papers. Even as they promised to play "Battle for Helm's Deep" or "Battle of Troy", they did nothing but ignore him. He would quietly just stand at the door, waiting for them to play.

"They never want to play with me," a young prince Hans mumbled and hung his head.

He would walk to the end of the hallway sith his favourite toy, wondering if his parents would even care if he had gone. His father, the king of the Southern Isles, always sat in the throne room dealing with the village people and his mother went out every night instead of doing her queenly duties.

"I wonder if they cared if I ran away," Hans mumbled before taking a step out on the stairs, holding his favourite toy tightly. "I wonder if they would care..."

Did they ever even care to begin with...?

Those were thoughts of a dying prince as he lay bleeding on the ground.

Elsa had froze him and unleashed an icy barrage without mercy. Her ice shards tore through every end of his body, ripping open fibres he never knew he had. Blood splattered on the stone cold pavements as one of the ice elementals threw him to the ground. He could barely lift his arms as all he could manage was a groan. The world swirled around him and all he could see was Elsa's sneering face.

"Oh Hans," Elsa crooned. "My sister loved you so much," - then her expression contorted into one full of hatred. "Yet, you decide to be a jerk and abandon her."

"I," Hans groaned before his arms collapsed under his weight. "I..."

"It doesn't matter. You never wanted Anna," Elsa scoffed. "You and that scrawny old man - all you two wanted was Arendelle. After all, we are just by the sea..."

Hans managed to groan weakly. "Queen Elsa... Please..."

"Swear your allegiance to me and I might just mull over whether or not I should kill you," Elsa sneered and stalked towards Hans, grabbing his hair and making him look up at her. "Swear it!"

It was then that Hans felt fear rushing through his veins. His blood froze snd everything ran cold. He couldn't think straight as he could barely see, only managing to see the blue shades of Elsa's dress and feel the sharp nails digging into his scalp. Elsa could never have been that evil. She was a wise and kind ruler; in the party, she kept a calm and elegant demeanour. The one who was handling him now seemed more like a monster.

"I s-swear," Hans trembled as the cold air licked against his skin.

"What? Louder," Elsa demanded.

"I swear," Hans repeated a bit louder, almost a shout as he gasped for air.

Elsa shrugged and dropped him to the ground with a thud. She walked away as Hans kept his head bowed before her. He could barely push himself off the ground and only to manage a groan of agony. However, he suddenly felt a sharp pain shoot through his back. Hans screamed in agony before breathing his last, never seeing that Dark Elsa had jammed an ice blade right through his kidney.

It was then he also realized - that he would not be missed.

You wish not to be missed?

It was a dark voice that whispered in his ear when he saw a pair of golden eyes looking at him. It was also because he had answered to that voice... He gained unimaginable power...