Chapter 24

I don't own Frozen or Rise of the Guardians!

Chapter 24

It was then Pitch felt it for the first time.

Was it fear? He shook his head; if it were fear, he would have been able to feed on it instead of it freezing him from where he stood. He clambered up to his feet and tried to crawl away from Jack, scrambling into the darkness. He looked back with panic gleaming in his yellow eyes and his heart pounding. An unsettling feeling twisted around his stomach and the air around him began to freeze and drop down on him with its weight.

"Jack, please," Pitch couldn't believe he was begging. "I-I didn't mean to...!"

"Didn't mean to? Didn't mean to," Jack roared and slammed his staff to the ground, summoning frozen stalagmites to knock Pitch back. "You didn't mean to what, Pitch? Be the sad, empty and, pathetic shade that you are? To be this... This attention whore?!"

Pitch shuddered at the coldness of Jack's voice as the blizzard outside got stronger. He knew now that it wasn't Elsa powering the storm. But it was Jack who menacingly stalked towards him with a blade forming at the tip of the shepherd's crook. While looking deep into Jack's vengeful eyes, he finally found what feeling had been swirling inside him.

Despair.

Pure, unadulterated despair.

"Don't give me that crap," Jack laughed scornfully and stomped on Pitch's shoulder repeatedly, ignoring the sickening cracks his stomping was making. "Don't make me want to grind you into little sand granules like you already are, Boogeyman."

/\/\/\/\/\

Elsa?

Anna roamed around in the dark, trying to warm her hands. She sauntered around only to find herself looking at nothing but darkness. Her hair stood on ends and chills ran down her spine. She shivered as her legs began to tremble, embracing herself to keep warm.

"Elsa," Anna weakly called out.

"Anna?"

The brunette looked up when she saw a bright light. She looked up and saw Elsa walking towards her. Anna's heart leapt out of her throat with her body jumping and suddenly warming itself. It was Elsa! She beamed and broke out into a sprint.

"Elsa," she cried out in delight.

Elsa suddenly turned around and bolted towards her. "Anna!"

The two sisters ran and embraced each other, holding each other tightly. Anna melted into her sister's embrace; ironically, even if her sister was the Ice Queen. Nonetheless, she didn't want to let go. It had been a long time since she had felt Elsa's embrace. Ever since the accident, they had drifted apart simply because Elsa had been afraid to hurt her again.

"Anna, I'm so sorry," Elsa broke down in tears. "I know I shouldn't have left you alone."

Anna shook her head. "Elsa, it's okay. I understand. You were afraid... A wise troll once told me..."

Elsa pulled away and blinked several times at Anna. "You met a troll?"

"Yeah, Kristoff was raised by them," the brunette princess laughed sheepishly, scratching the back of her head."I don't know! He called them "the love experts"."

Elsa giggled and smiled. "I see you had a lot of adventures."

"So did you," Anna grinned and leaned closer to Elsa, bouncing her eyebrows. "So... You and Jack?"

Elsa, upon the mention of Jack's name, looked away and blushed madly. "Ah, I uh... Well..."

"He is good looking and he's known us for like," Anna pondered before throwing her hands up in the air enthusiastically. "Forever! At least you didn't meet him just yesterday."