Chapter 4

• Dédié à Marina Reyes

Me: Sorry for the extremely late updates! I’m currently running into my thesis and a whole lot more so I haven’t been able to move the plot in any of my stories lately. Hopefully, this will be enough to tide you guys over until the next chapter. I do not own ROTG or Frozen! I only own the plotline! 

Chapter 4 

Soon, a new schedule had been established. 

Elsa and Anna would go on their daily duties while Jack would scout the entire Arendelle for any dangers. Jack couldn’t help but feel uneasy about his last meeting with Pitch. Why was Pitch even in Arendelle in the first place? He stroked his chin with an annoyed snort before floating around the kingdom. 

“I don’t get it,” Jack groaned in annoyance, looking up into the clear blue sky. “What could Pitch want?” 

“Like I said Jack, it’s a simple vacation.” 

Jack immediately spun around and pointed his staff at him, ready to fire an ice bolt. “Pitch…!”

Pitch immediately raised his hands in defense. “Don’t worry. No need for you to be so hasty, Jack. You seemed a little worked up, for someone who is known as the guardian of Fun.”

Jack narrowed his eyes and flatly said. “You’re basically the cause of it.”

Pitch gave him a droll stare. “Oh really? I always thought you preferred me out of your hair.” 

The guardian of fun narrowed his eyes. “Just what are you up to, Pitch?” 

Fear waved his hands dismissively. “Nothing, nothing at all, Jack. There is nothing for you to worry about. This is quite a first coming from you…” 

Jack bit his lower lip anxiously; Pitch was right. He never got this fidgety or that nervous. He couldn’t understand why but something had been bugging him. Whatever it was, it was driving him insane! Jack raked his fingers through his hair with a dejected sigh while lowering his staff. 

“Is there anything wrong with vacationing, Jack,” Pitch sneered with a smile. “There’s nothing wrong, isn’t there – Fun?” 

Jack bristled at Pitch, gritting his teeth. “No, nothing.” 

“Good,” Pitch smiled slowly while shrugging. “Anyhow, I have other things to do like get a decent sun tan. Farewell.” 

Pitch’s voice faded away as Jack just sat on the tower, watching the people go around with their daily lives. The guardian of fun shrugged to himself before jumping down and brushing his staff against one of the rose bunches, freezing it over. The man tending to the flowers stared in shock as Jack chuckled in amusement. 

“Maybe a little something for the princesses,” Jack smiled as he shoved his hand into his pocket. “Hmmm, maybe I could at least pay for it.” 

Pulling out a couple of coins he got from North, he bought a posy of blue roses and a posy of pink roses for both Anna and Elsa. The man stared in shock as Jack waved at the merchant. 

“Sorry, but I left the cash at least,” Jack hollered with a laugh. “Keep the change!” 

Jack jumped from building to building, making sure he didn’t miss anything. The moment he reached the castle, he saw the king and queen talking to a scrawny old man. Jack groaned; don’t those royal people ever have a life? He leapt down to the banister, leaning closer against the window. 

“There’s something I don’t like about this guy,” Jack narrowed his eyes darkly and made sure not to freeze the window. 

The scrawny old man stood short with a red sash and boots. The guardian of fun looked closely as he tried to see anything weird going on. Jack could feel a weird tingling feeling in his back before sighing deeply to himself.