I nodded "Always"

"I'm sorry"

"Don't be" I shook my head "I'll see you tomorrow" I smiled one final time and walked away from him all the while feeling his gaze on me.

I'm fine.

__________

"Matthew Wood?" I tested the sound of the name on my lips as he looked at me eagerly waiting for my verdict "Mathew. Matt?"

He nodded impatiently "Yeah, Matt. No one other than dad's going to call him by his full name. He still calls us Daniel and Lucian. Eric's lucky he got a short name"

I laughed "I think you are lucky Alpha Liam doesn't call all of you Mr. Wood"

He rolled his eyes "I've got crazy parents"

"Matt's got crazy parents too. Well a crazy father at least. I quiet like his mother so he has that going for him. Who named him by the way?"

The smile on his face subdued a little "It was Violette's mate's name"

I smiled in understanding "It's a beautiful name"

"You think?" he asked face scrunched as he pulled out his phone to type on it.

"It's beautiful" I nodded "Who are you texting?"

"Violette" he replied "I need to know if Matt's awake. All he does is sleep and when he wakes up it is simply to eat and sleep some more. I hardly get to spend any time with him"

I laughed hard at the irritated look on his face "Today's literally the third day the little thing has been on this planet. He's going to do that for at least a few more weeks considering the fact that wolves grow at a faster rate"

"I don't like it" he grumbled which was strangely cute for such a huge man "I just want him to grow up already"

"And be the grumpy Alpha that you are?" I smirked.

He narrowed his eyes at me "I'm not grumpy"

"Sure" I nodded sarcastically "If that's not the only expression I ever saw on your face for the first seventeen years of my life"

He narrowed his eyes at me. I could see the evil head of his formulating a clever comeback and he didn't disappoint me when he leaned into me "Well if it's not the same face you couldn't ever resist"

I grimaced not having a better comeback "You are cocky"

"You love me" he retorted.

"See what I mean?" I chuckled not denying his allegation.

We arrived at Violette's place amidst heavy bantering when I suddenly realized "Wait" I stopped Dan from getting out of the car "What if he doesn't like me?"

"He is three days old. He likes anyone and everyone who can give him a comfortable lap to sleep on" he replied

"But what if he cries out because I smell like a vampire?"

He smirked and leaned into me pushing me against the passenger door "Wanna know how wonderful you smell?"

"This is not the time Mr. Wood" I pressed my index finger against his temple and pushed his advancing head away "We are here to see your son and I literally don't want him to know I did his father in a car in front of his house. That's not a good first impression"