On The Run - Part I

AN: Boo! Surprise! ;)

#

I Put A Spell On You

#

On The Run – Part I

#

It was a little difficult to find an empty street in London, even if it was in the middle of the night, but she was lucky enough to find an alley and landed there, shaking with fear – she still wasn't too keen on flying – and with the night's events.

She put the broomstick inside her purse and used her wand to change her clothes to her thick dark blue coat, a matching wooly hat, pants and knee-length boots.

Gods, she had really done it: she had left Hogwarts behind and was possibly being chased.

She was on her own in the middle of a war and she was terrified.

Thankfully, the idea of leaving had been inside her head for a while so she had some sort of plan, whether it would work or not, was anybody's guess.

After taking a few calming breaths, Juvia tucked as much of her hair under her hat as she could and started to walk fast. Remembering one of Professor Jose's advices, Juvia slowed down. He always said 'First rule of going on the run is: "Don't run. Walk."'. People pay much more attention to someone running than someone casually walking down the street.

After walking for a while, she found a pub that was still opened and since it was a muggle pub and most people were way too drunk, they gave little attention to the young woman going to the bathroom and locking it.

She looked herself in the mirror and, well, Gajeel was right: she did look as if she were going to drop at any minute and she was so hungry. Since she thought the next day she would be taken to the dungeons, she didn't have supper. Thankfully she had some muggle money to try to buy something.

Juvia took off her hat and concentrated the best she could, whispering: "Colovaria". Her hair color was too unusual and would be quickly remembered were anyone to ask. The blue of her hair and eyebrows slowly started to darken until it was brown. Sighing in relief she had done it right – the first few times she tried, some patches of her hair and an eyebrow remained blue – Juvia put the wooly hat back on, it would last for a couple of hours at least and it was enough at the moment.

Sadly, the pub was no long serving food but the bartender was kind enough to giver instructions on how to get to a store close-by that was open all night and after she got there and got some not-so-healthy provisions, she began the second part of her plan: find a place to hide.

She had thought a lot to where to go when she finally left the school and she have few options. She couldn't go to her orphanage, or Gray's house or Ur's house. Those would be the first places people would look for her.

Then, it hit her: Heartfilia Konzern, Lucy family's summer home. Well, one of them and the most forgotten one, Lucy herself hadn't been there for years before, two years ago, they had spent a week there during summer vacation. The Heartfilias had too many properties and Juvia hoped that one was safe for at least a few days – they even went to a different one during that year's summer vacation. Juvia bet not even Lucy knew how many they had.

She just needed a fireplace connected to the Floo Network.

Having landed at that particular area on purpose, Juvia walked for a few minutes until she found the pub she was looking for: The Prancing Pony. Most people went to the Leaky Cauldron because of its proximity to the Diagon Alley, but there were other wizard pubs around London and The Prancing Pony was one of them and much, much less likely to have someone ask around about her.