Summer Vacation

The Diagon Alley was as busy as ever when Juvia passed the Madam Malkin's shop and she stopped, took a few steps back and looked at the models on display and she sighed when she saw the price of a particularly beautiful dress she'd love to buy, but she looked down to the money she had and sighed, knowing that year she would, again, only buy the essentials.

Hogwarts was free of charge and provided her with enough material to last her the year, but even so she needed some things to herself, some essentials of her own and that beautiful dress didn't fall into that category.

With a sigh, she was about to say good-bye to the beautiful pink dress when the reflection of someone made her heart stopped.

Juvia looked over her shoulder and a smile bloomed in her lips when she recognized the person as being Gray Fullbuster. He was fishing something from his pocket and once he found it, she recognized as coins and he easily counted them before entering the old establishment of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour; she had been there the year before and the ice creams were wonderful.

She looked down to her purse and checked her own coins – she had just exchanged her own muggle money to the wizard's at Gringotts – and she bit her lower lip. She had been sewing dolls to her neighbors who wanted personalized dolls for their children and mending clothes the entire summer so she could have some money and so far she had been known her priorities regarding the money.

But one ice cream sure wouldn't make much of a difference.

Juvia checked herself in the mirror and she wished she had brought some lipstick with he. Her hair was loose, she was wearing her usual dark-blue coat that hid most of her chest and even if it was end of summer, she didn't mind wearing it at all. She also wore black leggings, dark brown boots and her side purse.

Since she couldn't use magic outside of Hogwarts until she turned seventeen, that was the best she could do.

The blunette crossed the street and entered Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour and even though it was a bit crowded, she had no problem finding Gray, he had become quite taller during the summer and he was the last one on the line to the register.

Nervous, but confident, she went to stand behind him at the line and with a burst of courage, she touched his shoulder and asked: "Gray-sama?"

It wasn't until she heard the word "-sama" coming out of her mouth that she blinked in surprised. She didn't even called Bora that.

Gray looked over his shoulders and spotted her. He seemed very surprised to see her there. "Wha-" He asked. "Juvia? What are you doing here?"

She smiled. "Juvia was just across the street at Madam Malkin's shop and she saw you get in; she thought an ice cream was a very good idea."

Surprise replaced by a smile, Gray answered. "They do have the best."

"That they do." She agreed. "So, how was your summer?"

"Same old, same old." Gray shrugged and took a step forward on the line and so did Juvia. "It seems my foster mother just waits for me and my brother to get home to make us fix things around the house. Without magic of course." Juvia chuckled. "Either that or she just breaks stuff the day before we arrive. She says fixing things with our bare hands creates character." He scoffed. "Right. How about your summer?"

"Oh, Juvia was sewing customized dolls to the people in her neighborhood, trying to get some money." She told him and they took another step on the line. "It's not much, but maybe she'll get more requests."

"That's a good idea, if you are good at it." Gray told her. "I have an allowance each begin of school year, but I have to ration that too." He shrugged. "My parents left me some money, but I can only have full access to it when I'm seventeen. I'm on a budget too."