Sixth Year - Part II

AN: A small chapter with some fluffy moments so we can return to plot next chapter!

#

The moment she stepped on the corridor that led to the Great Hall, Juvia narrowed her eyes when she spotted her boyfriend talking awkwardly with a girl she didn't know the name of, but knew she was a Gryffindor a year younger than them. She was pretty, Juvia couldn't deny it, with her dark curled hair and bright brown eyes, the freckles on her nose and cheeks enhancing her beauty.

The Slytherin took purposeful steps towards her boyfriend and the girl, knowing she was hitting on her boyfriend by the way she was laughing and touching her hair. Juvia saw red when the girl put a hand on his arm and Juvia knew from experience she would find hard defined muscle there.

The moment he saw her, Gray looked relieved and he was asking for help with his eyes. Oh, Juvia was going to help him, alright.

"Good morning, Gray-sama." Juvia stepped closer to him and tip-toed to kiss his cheek – it was so good to finally do that in the open instead of hiding. "Were you waiting for Juvia?"

"Yes. Yes, I was." He nodded, happy to make sure Juvia was close enough, he even put his arm around her waist and Juvia smiled at him and then lost it when she looked at the brunette girl, whom had her cheeks red and started to look uncomfortable.

"Hello." Juvia's stare was icy cold when she spoke to the girl.

"H-hi." The girl muttered.

"What were you two talking about?" Juvia asked, looking straight at the girl, whose eyes widened and it was clear the Gryffindor wasn't feeling very courageous at the moment, not while facing a jealous girlfriend.

"Uh... about quidditch." The brunette looked down to her feet.

"Crystal here was telling me how disappointing it is we won't have Quidditch because of the Triwizard Tournament." Gray cleared his throat.

"Oh." Juvia nodded. "It is a pity, isn't it? Juvia was looking forward to cheer for her boyfriend." She emphasized the last word and the girl finally decided it was time to leave.

"So..." She cleared her throat. "I'll just... go."

"You do that." Juvia's smile was as fake as her tone.

"Thank Merlin she's gone." Gray whispered to her. "That girl never spoke to me before and today she's suddenly a Quidditch fan?"

Juvia snorted. "She wasn't interested in Quidditch, that's for sure." She took a few breaths to calm herself down. "That's the third girl Juvia saw hitting on you. Two days ago we were slow dancing and kissing at the Yule Ball, why on earth are all these girls suddenly attacking you?"

"Beats me." He groaned in annoyance before he looked around and seeing no one was at the hall, he leaned and finally kissed her properly and Juvia's jealousy lessened a little bit when she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "People are crazy."

"That they are." She chuckled and pulled him down for another kiss before they heard steps and took a step back – it wasn't because they weren't hiding that they needed to snog in public. They waited until a group of older Hufflepuffs entered the Great Hall while snickering at them before Juvia took his hand on hers. "We should go get something to eat too."

"Yeah." Gray cleared his throat and nodded, letting her lead them. The moment they entered the Great Hall, many people looked their way, mostly with disdain and Juvia felt uncomfortable with the looks. She was about to bid him farewell for the moment when Gray started to pull her towards the Gryffindor table where many of their friends from different houses were having breakfast. "Come sit with us."