Fourth Year

AN: First let me tell you this: I was overwhelmed with such great responses from you guys. I honestly believed this was going to flop, but I had to write it anyway and you proved myself wrong. Thank you. It means a lot.

A bit of a time-skip from their first year to the third/fourth, after all, they are grown up in canon so it's easier to go down that path.

#

I Put A Spell On You

#

Fourth Year

#

The looks started when she returned to Hogwarts for her third year there and she thought it was strange: she was the same Juvia as always. Ever since she and her friends started to be tutored by Professor Porla, their skills got so much better in such a small amount of time, their little group became known as Element Four, since each of them had a very distinctive magic signature.

Hers, was water.

After trying very hard to ignore it, Juvia embraced herself. She was the best with water-related charms and spells. Professor Porla told her she should be proud of it, proud of being powerful enough to have such a strong connection with an element. The other three, Totomaru, Sol and Aria were also her year and they connected strongly with fire, earth and air; hence their nickname.

Gajeel, though, Gajeel built a name for himself in a way neither ever thought was possible. He was ruthless while battling, even her. In his mind, to have people's respect, he'd have to be the best, the strongest, to make sure people knew his "dirty" blood didn't make him any less of a wizard. Juvia suspected he had problems about his heritage while growing up and that was why he was so keen into showing his skills; she never askes, though. He'd tell her when he was ready.

He was letting his hair grow, though, it was already on his shoulders and it somehow made him look even scarier to others, to Juvia, he was still her Gajeel-kun.

The looks, though, became different from admiration the first and second years students threw at them; the older students were aware if hem and she was confused until Gajeel, during one late night at the Slytherin Common Room said: "It's your boobs. Guys are looking, girls are jealous. That's why the looks changed."

"What?" She put her arms over her chest even though she was perfectly clothed.

"You've got big boobs now." Gajeel shrugged, not an ounce of delicacy in his body. "Last year they were regular, but now they are big."

"And you noticed that?" Juvia was appalled.

"Men notice boobs, Juvia, no matter whose. Trust me, I wish I didn't notice yours." He made a disgusted face. "You are... you. You are a guy to me, a buddy."

"A guy with boobs." She tried to understand.

"It's complicated. You are you, but you do have all the developing or whatever going on and guys notice, no matter how much we tried not to."

She looked down to her covered chest. "So... the looks are..."

"Guys filled with hormones having nasty thoughts." Gajeel shrugged. "Some girls have them too, others get jealous."

"Gajeel-kun!" She pulled her robe closer to herself, surprised, even though it was already closed.

"What? I don't have them about you, go yell at them." He snorted. "You do have a nice rack, though."