Summer Vacation II

Knowing she was a bit earlier than everyone and already had bought what she needed for that new school year, Juvia slowly walked towards back at the Diagon Alley towards the Leaky Cauldron where she would meet her friends so they could spend the rest of their vacation together.

Lucy had sent her a letter a few days before, saying that her father had said yes for her to take a few friends to their beach house and she wrote her friends, Juvia included, so they could all meet and travel there via Floo Powder.

Juvia was thrilled when, a few days before, she received a phone call from Gray instead of just a letter as they had been doing all summer, asking her if she got the authorization from the orphanage's Headmistress.

Hearing his voice made her melt all over and miss him even more – after their first kisses at Hogsmeade, even though they (him) didn't want to label what they were and with the O. W. L's, they managed to sneak out and meet, only their closest friends knew of their affair.

Juvia couldn't help it but to smile like a silly girl while she walked on the Diagon Alley, thinking about how one night they had managed to sneak in the Astronomy Tower, lied down on the floor and gazed at the stars. It had been very romantic – if she ignored the fact that Gray had to be bribed for her to have her romantic moment; his payment was snogging time for the rest of their hidden date and Juvia sure had nothing to complain about, she loved his kisses.

It was weird how much she enjoyed just kissing him. While in her relationship with Bora, she had accepted it was going to be a part of it and while it was nice for most part, it was hardly something she heard other girls sigh and talk about.

But one kiss with Gray and Juvia understood.

Gajeel had had one look at her when she arrived at the castle after that first batch of kisses and narrowed his eyes for a moment. "Oh bloody hell. Something happened, didn't it? You are going to talk my ear off, aren't you?" He rolled his eyes and sighed. "Come on, the earlier we start, the sooner this torture will end."

Later on, he had told her she arrived at the Slytherin Common Room with a wide smile and looking rather dreamy and Juvia believed him, she was on cloud nine that day and every day since.

The only thing that bothered her was that while Lucy and Natsu stopped hiding their new relationship a couple of weeks after the Hogsmeade trip, Gray and Juvia still pretended they were just friends while in public. Juvia bit her lower lip – she had to work on that front soon, she didn't want any girls thinking they had a chance with Gray unless they wanted to find themselves hexed with an itchy spell.

She shook her head, trying to make those thoughts go away and to calm down her green-eyed monster. Gray didn't seem the cheating type and as far as she knew, they were exclusive. Weren't they?

Her line of thought was interrupted when she heard her name being called and her heart raced when she looked over her shoulder and at the doorway of Flourish and Blotts, there was Gray.

"Gray-sama?" She asked, amazed to see him there which was ridiculous because they were supposed to meet in a little while. Juvia walked his way and he met her halfway – he wasn't smiling like she was, but she knew him enough to notice how his eyes had softened when he looked at her. "How are you?"

"Great. Excited for this week at the beach. You?" They were close, but not enough for her liking.

Knowing he wouldn't appreciate her throwing her arms around him like she wanted to, Juvia contained herself. "Same." She told him and they stayed in silence for a while, just looking at each other and Juvia felt a little awkward. They had been snogging like crazy during the last weeks of their school year, so she really should've been ahead of the awkward phase. "Uh... did you buy everything you need for school?" He blinked as if she had brought him from a deep thought. "You were just at Flourish and Blotts, right? That's usually when you get your books." Juvia said, knowing it would be a while until she had enough to buy there; she still had to use the second handed ones.