Sixth Year - Part I

AN: Does anyone still reads this? LOL

I'm a bit unsure of how people will receive this, but I hope it is a good read either way.

This is a story about Gray and Juvia, so I'm not going into detail about the Triwizard Tournament's tasks. It will focus more on relationships other than the Tournament. For now. haha

#

When, at the night of the students' arrival at Hogwarts at their 6th year, Professor Makarov announced Hogwarts was going to hold the Triwizard Tournament, Juvia was confused to what exactly that event was and why people seemed surprised and excited with the prospect of it happening, especially the Gryffindors.

Apparently, Juvia learned, the Triwizard Tournament was a friendly competition between the wizarding schools: Hogwarts, Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and Durmstrang Institute that dated seven hundred years ago. It was held every five years and it would be hosted by each school in turn, the judges for the Tournament would be the headmasters or headmistresses of the schools.

The champions were chosen by a cup, known as The Goblet of Fire. It would choose a Champion for each school and there would be three tasks to be won.

In the month prior to the arrival of the students from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons, Juvia had looked it up the Tournament in the library and she was surprised it had existed for almost seven hundred years and it was more dangerous than not.

Juvia was curious to see students from other schools, since she knew there were schools of Magic all around the world, the three participating in the Triwizard Tournament being the oldest, if she was not mistaken.

It made Juvia feel better to know most of her friends wouldn't be able to participate, but she still didn't like the idea or the Tournament at all.

She tried to keep it out of her mind by focusing on her boyfriend, who made Juvia a bit nervous. After they returned to Hogwarts the fact that Gray still didn't want people to know about their relationship, bothered her.

When it was only the two of them or when they were with their closest friends who knew about them, he was fine, a very good boyfriend who didn't care if she stole a kiss. The moment they were in public, though, they became just friends again and it frustrated her a lot.

She tried to tell herself he just needed time, he was a very private person after all. It still hurt, though.

On October 30th, just before dinner, Professor Makarov got everyone's attention and announced: "It appears our colleagues have just arrived. As I already told you, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single contestant is selected to compete." He stopped for a moment and looked around the room, his mood darkening. "Now let me be very clear: if chosen you stand alone." Juvia looked to her right where Gajeel sat, a bad feeling inside her chest and looked back to the Headmaster. "Trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later." His voice became lighter and rather bubbly, but didn't shake Juvia's bad feeling. "For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Laurent."

Juvia had to crane her neck up to see the group of girls that entered the Great Hall. Their uniforms were in a beautiful shade of blue, Juvia would love to have a uniform like that, with a hat and everything. They walked with poise and chins up in a perfect formation. An older woman walked behind the small group, she had her blonde hair up in a tight bun, worn glasses and had clothes that looked like a sober version of the uniform and in a much darker shade of blue. Juvia assumed that was Madame Laurent, the Headmistress, especially when Professor Makarov greeted her with a kiss on the back of her hand.