Summer Vacation III

AN: Sorry for the late update, but if anyone still reads this: here we go.

Chapter dedicated to yaminoreturne who drew Juvia on her robe from last chapter! Thank you!

(If you read my other HP!AU Magic Love, you might see some similarities with it because, well, it's me, the same author and I thought it would be hilarious to bring it back in more detail haha So, if you feel as if you are having dèja vu, you are LOL)

#

I Put A Spell On You

#

Summer Vacation

#

"We have to get inside at some point." Gray pointed out as they stood outside his foster mother's house – he had apparated them there, since Ur's house wasn't connected through the Floo Network.

"Juvia knows." She agreed, holding a container with cookies she had baked earlier. "The last time she saw us, we were lying on a cot together."

"After fighting for our lives, we were a bit exhausted, she'll live." He rolled his eyes.

"And this morning-"

"Nope, one parental crisis at time." Gray cut her off and put a hand on her lower back and pushed her forward. "Come on."

They took three steps when the front door open and Ur came outside her porch, hands on her hips and an eyebrow raised. "About time. I've been watching the two of you stand in front of my house for five minutes. Come inside, dinner's getting cold."

"Hello to you too, mom." Gray rolled his eyes when they were close enough.

"Hello, kiddo." Ur messed with Gray's hair and kissed his cheek. "And hello to you too." She turned to Juvia.

"Juvia brought some cookies." The blunette said lamely, practically shoving the container into Ur's hands. The older witch raised an eyebrow. "Hello." Juvia whispered.

Ur chuckled while Gray tried to contain a smirk – it was fun to watch Juvia being so nervous: she could be so confident it put some people into shame but at the sight of his foster mother, she turned into a silly girl.

"Like I said, come in, dinner's ready."

#

Dinner was pleasant enough after Juvia's awkwardness faded and the three of them had some good conversations about school and their friends, it was all light and breeze. Juvia tried to help with the dishes, but Ur waved her off, using magic to do it and since Juvia was just a few months away from her birthday, she still couldn't perform magic outside Hogwarts.

They went to the living room and sat on the couch to continue their conversation, each holding a glass with juice.

"Juvia didn't know exactly what she wanted to be after school, but she's leaning towards becoming an Auror." The blunette sat down next to her boyfriend. "It was quite thrilling and Juvia got to help, it is a good feeling."

"It is." Ur nodded. "And by your grades, you could make it."

Juvia's head tilted to the side in question but it was Gray who wondered: "How do you know about her grades?"

Ur shrugged nonchalantly. "She was investigated because of the Third Task and we had to go over her files and I volunteered." Gray glared at her. "What? I needed to know if you were dating a good girl. Let's face it, Gray, a Gryffindor and a Slytherin makes little sense and I was worried since you are not exactly a sharer." Well, that hurt, Juvia thought. "I liked how she handled McCormack and didn't take his shit, I just needed more information." Oh, better, then – the blunette thought.