Fifth Year - Part II

Juvia and Gajeel always stayed in Hogwarts during the Christmas Holiday, since neither really liked the idea to return to their foster homes. Since their third year they had been allowed to go to Hogsmeade, the little village close to Hogwarts, so they had a nice time, like always.

During their time off, they still dueled to not lose practice and Gajeel insisted Juvia needed better skills ever since the Basilisk, even though she had told him it was her skills with casting the Aguamenti spell that saved her life.

Even so, they were very happy when people returned to the castle – Juvia wasn't too excited to see her roommates, who didn't like her very much and the feeling was mutual – but the moment she saw Gray sitting on the Gryffindor table for dinner, her heart started to beat faster.

"You never looked like this when you were dating Scumbag." Gajeel told her while stuffing himself with food. Juvia looked his way, an eyebrow raised. "You aren't even dating the guy and you look like this."

"Like what?"

"You are drooling." Gajeel snorted. "Don't get me wrong, it's a step up from Bora."

The blunette glanced towards the Gryffindor table and how they were laughing at some impression Natsu was making and she sighed. "It seems to be such a different world over there."

"Yeah." Gajeel agreed. "But at least you are in now, you are going to a girl's night with them tomorrow, right?" Juvia nodded. Lucy had told her that as soon as they returned that the girls had finally decided on a date and she was invited. "They are all friends with Fullbuster, they might be able to put a good word in for you." He shrugged.

Juvia looked surprised. "Look at you playing cupid." She teased him and he groaned in annoyance.

"I just want you to stop being annoying all the time with your sighs."

She giggled and kissed his cheek. "Thank you anyway." She knew some people around the room had seen it, but she didn't care; she was a Slytherin, but human. "And Juvia is certain Levy-san is going to be there, so she'll praise you a lot to her." She whispered.

Gajeel became so red it was funny and he looked her way, their faces just a few centimeters away when he whispered back. "I don't know what-"

"Please." Juvia giggled. "You two got a lot closer during that month Juvia was petrified" he opened his mouth but she didn't let him speak "and don't tell me it was all for research on how to cure me. It's alright to like her. She seems sweet."

They stared at each other for a while and Juvia was certain he was going to argue, but instead, his shoulders dropped with a sigh and he returned his attention to the food in front of him and Juvia resumed eating as well.

"She is sweet." Gajeel mumbled after a while and Juvia smiled. "And nice. I don't want to break her."

Juvia snorted. "Not your decision to make." She glanced at the Ravenclaw table and the blunette had a small book in her hands, reading it while eating absent minded. "Just... be yourself."

"Good advice." It was Gajeel's turn to snort.

"It seems to be working so far." She shrugged and his red eyes focused on her again, confused. "Juvia caught her looking at you, she looks at you like Juvia looks at Gray-sama."

If possible, he became even redder. "Shut up." He mumbled and looked back to his food, but Juvia could see his lips curl in a small smile and she laughed.

Scanning the room, she was surprised to see Gray looking straight at her, and when he noticed he'd been caught, he was quick to look away and Juvia frowned in confusion.