Chapter 33

I took a taxi back to the hotel we were staying at for the night. I curled up in a ball in the back seat and looked out the window. My arms were tightly wrapped around my legs and my cheeks felt stained and sticky from tears. Most of the tears have stopped but I knew they were going to fall again soon.

I continued looking out the window at the lights from the stores, clubs, restaurants, everything.

"Are you sure you're okay, miss?" The taxi cab driver asked as he kept his eyes on the road.

I continued looking out the window and said softly, "I don't know."

The man must have figured out I wasn't in the mood to talk so he reminded silent the entire ride.

I tried to keep my mind off Austin as we drove but I couldn't. I kept replaying the moment I saw him and Taylor about to kiss. Then he stated that he wasn't going to kiss her but from what I saw, it looked like it was going to happen.

What does he expect? When a girl sees her boyfriend with his ex girlfriend getting really close, it's not something you're going to take lightly.

I knew it was going to happen too. The way she looked at him screamed "Im going to try to get you back".

My heart was aching by the minute.

Do I believe Austin or don't I?

I leaned my head back as it smacked the seat. A tear rolled down my cheek while I closed my eyes.

***

Soon enough I arrived at the hotel.

I opened my purse and handed the man $15, "Here."

He turned his neck so that he was looking at me in the backseat. He put his hand up and shook it slightly, "Keep it."

I wiped under my eyes to get rid of the access water, "Are you sure?"

He nodded his head, "Yeah. Just feel better for me."

I nodded my head and put the money back in my purse.

"Thank you," I sniffled opening the car door.

He nodded his head and soon enough, the car was gone.

I let out a breath and walked up the hotels stairs. Once I got to the top where the entrance door was, I saw my reflection.

My cheeks had bits of black from my mascara on them. My eyes were red on the whites and my hair was frizzy in some places.

I shook my head and kept walking through the door.

Thankfully, there was no one in the lobby to see me at my current state. I looked down and kept walking down the hall until I reached the room.

Was Austin going to be here?

I got the key out and opened it.

All the lights were out which meant that everyone was in their rooms sleeping. No trace of Austin and the boys were here. I walked through the darkness and reached the room I'm staying in. I quickly shut the door and locked it.

I turned on the lamp that was by my bed which gave me a little light. I walked over to my bag and threw on a pair of black sweats with a white shirt.

I need to wash my face.

I went into my bathroom which was connected to the room and washed off all the makeup still left behind and the tears.

Once I was done I went into my bed and curled up into a ball.