Chapter 29

It's been a week and a half into the tour, (on our way to LA) and things have been amazing. Austin, the boys, and I have been having such a blast together. From morning pranks to Segway rides outside of the concert buildings, meeting Mahomies to late night junk food. Austin, Alex, Zach, and Robert definitely knew how to have fun.

The day before the tour, Zach, Robert, Alex, and I all pitched in to buy Austin something to congratulate him. I remember shopping with them that day. Oh my god, it was just crazy.

"Let's buy him a new chain! You could never go wrong with another chain." Zach stated as we walked through the mall.

We disagreed.

"He has enough chains, man. Let's get him something like.." Robert began to think.

Alex interjected, "New shoes?"

I shook my head, "Are you kidding? He has more shoes than he does chains."

We literally walked past every store in the mall, disagreeing on everything. One person liked this idea, but the rest didn't. Two people liked this idea, the other two didn't.

That's how it went.

Right as we were about to give up because we were already walking past the last two stores, I noticed a sign "RockStar Instruments".

I pointed to the store, "Hey, what about that store? I think we should go look."

The boys stopped and looked at where I was pointing.

Robert squinted, "RockStar.. Instruments. Hey! Austin sings!"

Zach gave Rob a sarcastic look, "No shit shirlock."

I put my hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

"Let's go in." Alex said leading the way into the store.

After about 5 minutes, we decided to buy him a microphone. The kind that goes onto a stand. I remember us taking a look at all the mics and how each was very different yet the same. One microphone, caught all of our attention. We finally agreed on something.

The microphone was a metallic red. We knew Austin's favorite color was red so it was perfect. We all split the cost for it, and it wasn't cheap either, but it was worth it.

We gave it to him at the party we held after the show. We had cake, pizza, and gifts. Michele bought him a new backpack to take around with him while he's moving from bus to shows.

Then we gave him our gift.

Let me tell you, he loved it. Ever since then, he's been using it for the acoustic songs that he sings on a stool.

--

"How long until we get to LA?" Alex asked me.

I looked at my phone. I had an app that kept track of how long until we reach our destination.

My eyes widened, "Only half an hour."

I looked up at Austin and he checked his phone.

"It's only 11:30 am." He stated scrunching his eyebrows together.

I replied, "I thought we were supposed to get there at like 4 pm?"

Before I knew it, Michele walks into the living room.

"So I just talked to Dave," She started to say in her sweet, soothing voice. "And he said that we're way ahead of schedule."

Austin added, "I don't even have a show tonight. I'm supposed to perform in LA tomorrow."

Michele smiled, "Right. That's why today you 5 could go around LA and do whatever you want. Shop, swim, that kind of stuff. But we hired some bodyguards to watch you guys."

Zach nodded his head, "Sweet!"

We all looked around at eachother in excitement. I've never been to LA and you could tell, neither has Austin, Zach, Alex, and Robert.

"Thank you!" I smiled.

Michele looked at me and gave a big smile. She looked so much like Austin sometimes it was crazy.

"You're welcome, sweetheart. Okay, well I better go tell Mike and Rocco." She then walked out of the door.

Robert, who was always in the leather recliner, stand up. "So what do you guys want to do in LA?"

Zach clasped his hands together, "I say shopping because I could dig some LA shoes."

Austin added, "Same, man."

Alex nodded along and I agreed too.

So I guess were going LA shopping.

***

"That deal I got on these kicks, I just can't believe it." Zach stated holding his shopping bag as we made our way down some streets. LA was so huge and had tons of stores. All you had to do was walk on the sidewalks and bam, there's stores as you go.

I rolled my eyes. I had to sit at some shoe store for about an hour while Austin, Zach, Robert, and Alex looked for shoes.

Austin would come up to me and ask, "Do you like these ones?"

I'd tell him yes but then he'd reply with, "I don't know I need to think on this" as he looked for more shoes. It made me laugh but after sitting for 45 minutes, I started to get a little frustrated.

"You guys are seriously worse than girls," I stated.

Alex shrugged, "Probably."

We kept walking past the stores that didn't seem to attract us in any way. As we were walking, everyone carrying a bag including me from a little boutique I went to, I heard someone shout.

I looked over at Austin as he looked over at me, both of wondering who or what.

Austin and I looked behind us and the bodyguards turned too, hearing it, and Austin stopped dead in his tracks.

"Austin!" A girl squeeled.

Why did Austin look so surprised?

He knows her.

A/N I know this chapters short, but the next chapter is going to be great! Get this to 10+ votes and I'll update 😉