Chapter 2

this story is going to get good fast I promise. I need to introduce the characters before any major events happen! But I swear you'll love the plot :)

Picture Austin like the picture above! ;)

___________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time. But then, as you get to know the person, their true colors show"

I sat in my first period class, History. I was already bored as ever. Usually on the first day of school the teacher goes over the syllabus and all the things were doing throughout the year. It's honestly the most boring thing ever. Not to mention I hate history which makes it a billion times worse.

My seat was in the back of the room which I couldn't be anymore thankful for. I sat there zoned out and repeatedly clicked my pen until Mr. Gray stopped talking. I looked up and noticed that the principle was in the room and she wasn't alone. She had a boy with her who was definitely my age.

"Sorry to interrupt your class, Mr. Gray. But I have a new student." She replied looking at Mr. Gray then back at the boy.

"His name is Austin." She added.

I looked at him. He actually was kinda cute. Okay, okay, he was cute. He had brown curlyish hair. His smile was perfect, even with his braces.

"Austin you can take a seat next to Miss Jones in the back." Shit.

My cheeks felt hot when Austin came and sat down. I don't even know the kid and I'm already nervous around him. Usually I'm pretty normal when it comes to guys but for some reason it's different around him. I don't know why but I guess I'll find out soon.

I kept my eyes straight ahead and starred at the principle as she walked out of the room. With my luck, he'll catch me starring.

"So Austin, did you come from a different school or did you just move to San Antonio?" Mr. Gray asked leaning against the whiteboard.

Austin cleared his throat, "I came from a different school."

Oh my gosh his voice is cute too.

There's something wrong with me I need to stop.

"What made you want to come here?"

Austin's cheeks were a shade of light pink. You could tell he was a little nervous.

"Well I didn't really like it back at my old school and I have more friends here anyways."

He has friends here? I wonder who they are.

"Well I hope you enjoy it here." Mr. Gray said with a smile.

Austin smiled and looked down. He seemed kinda shy.

After about 10 minutes, the bell rang and class was over.

Right when I grabbed my books, I heard a voice say, "Hey can you help me find this class?"

I looked up and saw it was Austin.

I put a piece of my hair behind my ears. Stay cool Bella.

I looked at the paper. "Oh I have that class next...I can show you." I replied trying not to sound nervous.

He nodded his head, "Yeah that'd be great."

...

"You guys have a lot of people at this school." Austin said as we walked down the hallway.

I shrugged my shoulders, " Kinda.. It doesn't really feel like a lot to me."

"Oh wow." He said running his hands through his hair with his open hand. Oh my god. "At my old school there were about half of this."

My eyes widened, "That's crazy... Do you miss your old school?"

He paused then licked his lips, "Not really. I didn't have that many friends there so it wont be anything to miss."

How could Austin not have any friends? He seemed the type to have all different kinds. He's different than I expected him to be. He's not like the rest of the guys around here.

"Oh." What do I say back? "I would of been your friend."

Oh jeeze did I just say that.

He smiled.

Way to play it cool, Bella.

Before we could say anymore, we reached the room and went inside.

...

I made it through another class period alive I thought as I was leaving the room.

I walked to my locker and got my books for my next two periods. As I was searching for my Geometry book, I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned my head and saw it was Austin.

"I just wanted to say thanks for showing me where to go....." He said wanting to add my name to the end.

"Bella." I replied folding my arms.

He smiled, "Right. I'll see you around." He winked then walked away

What just happened. Did he just wink at me? No way it couldn't of been in the way I'm thinking of. I just met the kid he couldn't already start to like me. Fuck. Why is my life so complicated. I shut my locker then ran to Geometry before I was late.