▪ Chapter 21 ▪

Demi checked her phone for the last time before putting it in her purse, as she was ready to leave for work on that Tuesday morning. Her eyes landed on the pink diary, which she had been carrying around the apartment for the past days, never being able to read a whole sentence out of it.
She sighed and hesitated at first but ended up stuffing it inside her purse before leaving the place and making her way towards the elevator that would bring her to the parking garage where her car waited for her.

But bringing it with her didn´t let her concentrate on the essays she was grading just an hour later, surrounded by all the books and various things she had in her office.

She closed her eyes and counted to ten before taking a deep breath and trying to focus on her work for what felt like the twentieth time that morning.

“You know what? Fuck it” She mumbled before reaching out for her purse and rescuing the diary out of it. She opened the first page and made herself read the first words.

Dear Diary, my name is Melissa Blanco, I´ve lived for 16 years now on this earth and I feel like that´s
enough.

She had read those words so many times already, but she always ended up not being able to continue and she used to close the book and not look at it again for the next hours.

But not this time.

She kept reading those lines where she introduced herself and Demi found herself feeling surprised Melissa had been able to keep a diary for two years, whenever she had tried to keep one, it never lasted for longer than two months.

And once she started, she really coulnd´t keep her eyes off of it. She didn´t even realize that it had become 11 o´clock, which meant she had a lecture to attend.

“Miss Lovato?” A voice said after a few knocks on her door.

“Fuck” She mumbled, quickly closing the diary as the door opened, revealing Eva there.

“Miss, we´re waiting for you” She explained. Demi nodded her head as she stood up as quickly as possible and gathered her stuff.

“Um… Is that… Melissa´s diary?” The girl asked, pointing at the book that rested on Demi´s desk.

“What?” Demi looked at the notebook and quickly grabbed it to place it in a drawer and close it.

“No, that´s just my agenda” She answered, bringing an awkward smile to her lips before motioning her hand towards the door to let Eva know she was ready to go to the classroom.

And for the whole lesson she could feel Eva´s eyes looking right into her, she even made eye contact with her student some moments, but she quickly looked away and pretended to be writing something down. When the lecture ended and all the students started to exit the room while the air was filled by their chatter and laughs, Demi started to look through her actual agenda, to check what her next lecture would be.

Someone cleared their throat in front of her, causing her to look up only to meet Eva there.

“We used to be really close friends, Mel and I” She spoke. Demi swallowed and sucked her bottom lip inside her mouth as she didn´t know how to react.

“I know that was her diary, she showed it to me once...” She added, and then sighed before moving even closer to Demi. “I just wanted to ask why do you have it?”

Demi´s eyes met hers.

“I'm sorry, dear, I really don't know what you're talking about. It must be a huge coincidence that we decided to buy the same pink notebook.” She ended up replying and then grabbed her purse after stuffing her agenda in it.

“I gotta go now.” And she started walking towards the exit door.

“Wait!” Eva quickly went towards her. “Could I go talk to you in your office tomorrow morning?” She asked, placing her hands in the inside of the pockets of her brown skirt.

A sigh escaped Demi´s lips.

“About academic things?” She asked, raising an eyebrow at the girl, who shyly shook her head.

“About Mel.”

Demi felt her heart shrink at Eva pronouncing Melisa´s name.

“I don´t know if that would be a good idea.” Demi said as she started walking away.

“Miss Lovato. Please.” Eva pleaded. Demi stopped walking and sighed once more.

“Okay, tomorrow at ten”. And after that, she continued walking away.

And that little conversation wouldn´t leave her mind during the rest of the day, even when she was looking at her own reflection in the mirror placed in her room.

She stared at the garnet colored dressthat reached just above her knees as her wavy dark locks of hair fell on her chest, matching with the black heels on her feet.

“Why the fuck does she wanna talk to me?” She muttered to herself as she walked closer to the mirror and smacked her dark matte lips together to make sure they looked fine.

“And about Melissa? I might as well get stabbed already...” She continued talking to herself.

She fixed her hair one last time before taking her phone off the charger and placing it inside her purse, making it join her wallet and some other things.

She smiled to herself when Wilmer´s picture came up on her phone because he was calling her to let her know he was parked right outside her apartment, waiting for her.

“Hey, you look gorgeous”. He greeted her when she hopped inside his car. She smiled at her knees as she could already feel her cheeks heating up, which made her wonder how he still had that effect on her after all those years.

“Thanks, you too.” She replied eventually and flashed a quick smile
towards him. “Where are we going?” She added.
..................................................
Heeey! Sorry for the huge delay but uni started and it's already killing me so yeah... I hope you like this little chapter and I also hope to be able to update soon😘🌸
..................................................
💕💕Thanks for reading 💕💕