▪ Chapter 1 ▪

The cup of coffee she had just gotten was burning her hand but she had to wait until she was in her family's home to put it down. She placed the cup on the table in the living room.

"Fuck" she mumbled underneath her breath as the pain in her hand finally started to go away.
She sighed before taking a careful little sip of her coffee. She checked her phone, just to see once again that
there were no messages from him. She cursed and sat down on the couch with her head in her hands.

It was one of those days when she just wanted to give up on everything, when she wished she could just start things again and when the only place she wanted to be was in between his strong arms.

Yet there she was, alone in her parent's house, too far away from him.
When a single tear rolled down her cheek, she hated herself.
And as if he was feeling the same way, suddenly her phone started ringing and she grabbed the device to make sure that it was actually him calling, though she would have known that already without checking the ID because of his own special ringtone, they'd picked it out together, she
could picture that day perfectly in her head.
It was on days like this when she asked herself if she would ever be that happy again.
They'd been cuddling and making love all day long and in one of those after sex cuddling moments, they'd picked up "Baby" from Justin Bieber to be their special ringtone as a joke. She'd hate him for that but also found it pretty funny and it had stayed like that.

But that all belonged to the past. And she had to accept that.

"H... Hello" Her voice cracked and he surely noticed that.

"Hey" Wilmer spoke on the other side of the line.

"Hi" she greeted him once again and she could hear him chuckle lightly.

"Demi, are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

Demi swallowed and then sighed.

"Yes".

She knew why he was calling; he knew why she'd left, he knew it all had gotten too much and in times like those, Demi liked to leave everything behind and hide. He'd probably called her mom to ask if she knew where she was and since Dianna never really felt okay with lying, Demi just supposed her mother had told Wilmer that she'd fled to Texas to her family after all those events.

"Look..." She could hear him sigh. "I'm worried" He added.

"I'm okay, Wilmer" Demi responded.

"And how the fuck do I know it's true?" He didn't mean to sound harsh but he couldn't cope with everything. He'd spent the entire night awake thinking about her but never dared to call her in fear of annoying her or pressuring her. He knew her family would be all over her and so would her friends and as much as he wanted to be there for her too, she would most probably push him away.

Like she always did.

"Wilmer"

"Yes?"

She wanted to tell him that she missed him so much, that as soon as she was back in Los Angeles, she
wanted to go into his arms and ask him to never, ever let her go.

"Trust me" She said instead. But Wilmer was done trusting her.

"Demi I... I can't, I'm sorry."

"I'm getting help, Wilmer, I really am. Let me fight this on my own. I'll always love you, you know that... But let me figure it out on my own."

"I..." He took a deep breath, as if holding back the tears. "I can't".

And the phone call ended.