▪ Chapter 15 ▪

Demi sighed as she placed the last shirt in her suitcase and closed it. When she walked downstairs, her family was there, ready to say goodbye. A couple of kisses and hugs were exchanged before her taxi arrived and, not much later, she was at the airport waiting for her plane to Los Angeles.

She nervously looked down at her phone as she wrote a message for Wilmer.

"We need to talk. Please. I'm sorry"

After telling her parents about everything that had happened, she felt much better and was ready to face her problems and, for that, she had to stop avoiding Wilmer and his help but now it seemed like he was the one avoiding her and though it killed her inside, she knew she deserved it.

With a grunt, she slipped her phone in her pocket before grabbing the book she had just purchased and opening it, ready to drown herself in the words.

"Gates to flight BB600 to Los Angeles open" The voice spoke a few minutes later so she stood up, fixed her skirt and went to stand in line to enter the plane.

-

She placed the pizza box on the counter before leaving the suitcase in her bedroom and stepping out of her heels. With her phone playing some random playlist on spotify, she walked back to the kitchen were she opened the box and took the first slice of pizza, quickly bringing it to her mouth to take a good bite of it. She hummed at how delicious it tasted and she sat down on her counter as she dialed Wilmer's number once more. She waited for a minute or two and, when she was ready to hang up, he answered, surprising her.

"Can you please stop calling me? You've been at it non stop for two days now" He spoke into the phone, and it was clear he was very annoyed. "Wilmer! You replied!" She almost choked on her pizza. "I... Um... Can we meet sometime and... you know, talk?" Demi asked nervously after clearing her throat. The line went silent but she knew he was still there. "I'm sorry, Wilmer, I was a bitch..." mumbled Demi. "I talked to my parents" She added after a few more seconds of complete silence.

"I don't know Demi, I... I am very tired of this. I have to look after myself" He said, not longer sounding annoyed but tired and sad. Demi swallowed at his words. "I understand" She simply responded.

"I'll call you, yeah? But please don't try to contact me anymore unless it's something urgent. I need some space, but I promise we'll talk. Just not now" He explained and though it hurt her, she genuinely understood.

"Okay" Demi muttered as she took her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Bye, Dem."

Wilmer ended the phone call and placed the device on the bedside table on his right as Heather snuggled into his bare chest.

"Maybe you should tell her you're with me now" the woman lying next to him said.

"We talked about this already" Wilmer gently pushed her away. "We're not in a relationship, this is only about sex"

Heather pouted yet sat up and combed her hair with her long fingers.

"I know, babe" She gave him a quick wink before slipping out of the bed, exposing once again her naked body to the man lying there. "Just making sure you remember, I don't wanna hurt your feelings or anything" He spoke as he watched her walk towards her purse and take a pack of cigarettes out of it before placing one of them between her lips. "Want one?" She offered, holding the package towards him. Wilmer shook his head before fishing the t-shirt that had been abandoned right beside the bed, and pulling it over his head, covering his naked torso.

Heather lit up her cigarette and puffed on it a few times, filling the room with smoke.

"Y'know?" She sat down on the edge of the bed as her eyes stared back at him. "Hmm?" He hummed in response as he got out of the bed too after wrapping the sheets around his waist. "Babe, I've seen everything of you already, don't get shy now" A laugh escaped her lips. Wilmer rolled his eyes. "What were you gonna tell me?" He asked instead, walking towards the drawer where he kept his underwear.

"Oh, that I'm very, very..." She stood up and walked towards him just when he was busy putting on some clean boxers. "...Very..." Her fingers slipped inside of his boxers, caressing his manhood. "...Very happy you called me last night" She finished, one hand holding her cigarette and the other one holding his penis.

Wilmer cleared his throat and stepped afterwards, pulling her hand out of his underwear.

"I have work to do, Heather" He warned as she breathed out the smoke, making him cough lightly.

"Fine" She rolled her eyes as she started do dress herself.

And when she left, Wilmer let himself fall on his couch as he closed his eyes, wondering why he had decided to call Heather last night and though he kind of wanted not to have an answer to it, he knew he did. He felt lonely and though the only woman he wanted was Demi, he was determined to forget her. He needed to forget her, and that's what his friend Ricardo had told him too only two days ago when they'd gone out to grab some beers.

"But how can I forget her when she's everything I ever dreamed about?" He had asked his friend as he took a big sip of his beer. Ricardo then chuckled. "Yes and she's also your worst nightmare, Will".

"That's exaggerating, she's not my worst nightmare..." His eyes had focused on the brown bottle in his hands. "My worst nightmare is losing her" A bitter smile had made its way to his lips as he pictured Demi in his mind. "She's just so... Amazingly beautiful... But not like other girls, no.... My Demi's different. Her smile can light up my entire world, Ricardo, I swear to God... And... Her hair always smells like a perfect mixture of coconut and vanilla... And don't get me started at her laugh, which is music to my ears. She's also so incredibly smart, which explains why she's already a professor at college, it's just fucking insane!" A miserable sigh had managed to escape his lips as Ricardo looked at his friend as if he had gone mad. And they both knew he kind of had.

"And if she hurts, I hurt." His brown eyes had then finally looked into Ricardo's, who could see the tears accumulating there. "I hurt so badly, amigo, it's... It's crazy. I only want to be with her and I know she does too, why does this have to be so hard?" He'd hid his face in his hands as Ricardo patted his shoulder.

"Are you sure she does too?"

"I thought so... Until she used me" Wilmer's sad voice had said. "Dude, you're fucked up. I suggest you to give yourself some time, go out with other people... And like that you also give her some time to clear her thoughts, what do you think?"

And Wilmer thought his friend was right, they both needed time and he really didn't feel like going out to meet new girls so rescuing Heather's phone number and calling her up didn't seem like the worst idea ever.