▪ Chapter 4 ▪

Slowly, she opened up her brown eyes as she could feel someone lightly snoring by her side. Her face softened as she realized her mom laying next to her with some of her blonde hairs falling on her face. Demi smiled weakly as she stared at the woman that had brought her to this world. She snuggled onto her, feeling safe in her arms. Dianna, still in her sleep, held Demi closer to her as she let out a little sigh.

"Good morning Dems" Whispered Dianna when she woke up and noticed Demi in her arms, playing with her mother's hair.

Her brown eyes looked up at her mother.

"Oh, I dind't mean to wake you up" Demi muttered. Dianna placed a kiss on top of her head. "You dind't" She replied. Demi pulled away softly.
"Thank you for staying with me last night" She said. Dianna smiled at her and tucked a piece of her dark hair behind her ear. "You're my baby, why wouldn't I stay?" Demi smiled at her mom's words. "I swear to God I'm so lucky to have you" She replied.
Dianna chuckled and got out of her daughter's bed.

"Come, come, let's get some breakfast, eh?" Dianna offered Demi a hand to help her out of the bed, and just like that, they went towards the kitchen, where Eddie had already started making breakfast.

"Oh, well, look at that" Dianna said with a smile as she hugged her husband from behind. "This smells amazing, babe" She added. Demi loved seeing her parents like that but something inside of her hurt because she knew she couldn't be like that with Wilmer again as much as her heart begged her to.

Maddie came hopping into the kitchen as she listened to some music.
"Dad, I'm hungry!" She playfully whined. Eddie chuckled at his youngest daughter. "Five more minutes and it's ready."

Demi took the chance to go back upstairs and into her room where she took a hold of her phone.

Two missed calls from Wilmer and some texts also from him. She sighed before opening them up.

"Hey" 11.00 pm
"We need to talk" 11.01 pm
"Just want to let you know that I love you and want you to be okay" 12.00 pm
"Please" 12.30 pm
"Call me, I'm worried" 2.48 am
"I love you Dem" 5.00 am

"Shit" She mumbled as she was calling him back and realized, because of the timing of his messages, that he'd been up until late in the morning, so she figured he would be asleep now and she didn't want to wake him up but just when she was going to cancel the phone call, he picked up.

"Demi?" He spoke into the phone, his voice very raspy and tired.

"Wilmer, I'm sorry, I fell asleep early last night" She explained.

"It's okay, I'm just glad I'm hearing your voice now. How are you?"

Demi sighed.

"I'm okay, I talked to my parents last night. It's going to be just fine, okay? Just wanted to let you know so you can stop worrying..."

The other line went silent.

"Wil?"

"I hope you're actually fine" He said, calmly but she could still feel the sadness through the phone.

"I am" She said, and after last night she felt like it actually could get to be true. "I miss you" before
she could have done anything to prevent it or, at least, think about it, those three words traveled from her lips to his ear.

"Me too, Dems" he replied before sighing.

Demi pulled the phone away from her and ended the phone call before throwing herself on her bed and letting out a sigh.

"Breakfast is ready!" She could hear Eddie downstairs.