▪ Chapter 19 ▪

“I´m sorry… Yeah, sorry… I´m passing through, excuse me… Hey, could you please let me… Okay thanks” Those words crawled out of Demi´s lips as she made her way through the crowded place until she finally made her way outside and towards him.

“Wilmer!” She breathed out as their eyes finally met and though she expected his eyes to be harsh and sad towards her, they were warm and as loving as always, which made a little smile appear on her matte red lips.

“Demi” He mumbled and, she didn´t know this, but it took him everything inside of him to keep himself in his spot and not hug her tightly and lock his lips with hers.
She could feel Dave and Ricardo looking at them but she ignored them, enjoying the moment of getting lost in his dark eyes once again.

“I...” She wanted to say she loved him, that she needed him in her life, that she was so incredibly sorry and that she wanted to be with him forever but all of those words seemed to be imprisoned in her throat and none of them was able to get out so she just looked down, not really knowing what to do.

“It´s good to see you?” He said, though it kind of sounded like a question, he really meant it. She looked up at him and flashed a shy smile and, just like a teenager, she felt her legs turn into pudding for the man standing right in front of her.

“Same”. She told him, but then looked down again. “You never called me to talk” She mumbled.

Wilmer cleared his throat nervously.

“Guys, could you please give us a moment?” He asked his friends. Dave nodded and immediately walked away, “Sure thing, but please don´t do anything stupid, bro.” Said Ricardo, followed by a mean look for Demi.

“Well, I think I´m grown enough to decide whatever I wanna do, don´t you think?” He replied, calmly yet giving him a death glare. Ricardo pressed his lips together and nodded once, putting his hands in the air and leaving towards Dave.

Demi´s cheeks had turned red by then.

“I see he hates me”. She said, looking at Ricardo as he left. Wilmer rolled his eyes.

“Don´t worry about him.” He said. “But about what you said, I didn´t feel ready to talk with you” He added.

Demi sucked on her bottom lip as she looked down.

“Look, Wilmer, I´m really sorry about how I treated you, I shouldn´t have used you or talked to you like that I...” She sighed and dared to look into his eyes for a brief moment before looking away once more.

“Demi, this is no place to talk about it” He firmly said, smiling weakly at her once he made sure they were looking at each other. “But I´ll call you soon and we´ll meet, yeah?”

Demi swallowed and furrowed her brows for a bit at him.

“I´ll do it this time, I swear” He added, making her giggle lightly. “Now go with them and have a great night, Dems” He whispered in her ear as he hugged her softly. When they parted, Demi saw Ricardo looking at them as if they´d just committed a crime.
“Thanks, you too” And with that, she entered the club again and rejoined Matthew and Nellie, who also had been keeping an eye at them through the big window.

“Want some condoms?” Matthew asked, smirking. Demi playfully hit his arm and rolled her eyes.

“It´s not like that and you know it, idiot” She giggled. “Alright, alright, sorry, girl” He said as he grabbed her by the waist to dance with her as Nelly cheered around them.

The night went on pretty well but Demi would be lying if she said she wasn´t peeking over at Wilmer, who was now dancing and laughing with his friends not that far away from her.

“Hey, Dems! Stop looking at him, you need to distract yourself” Nellie slurred as she sipped some of the mixed drink she had ordered, from the cup she had in her hand. “I know. You´re right Nell.” Demi said, taking a deep sigh and closing her eyes to the music as she moved her body, but when she decided to glance one last time at him, she saw something she hoped was only her imagination.

A very beautiful woman was greeting Wilmer with a brief kiss on the lips, and though Demi knew she didn´t have the right to feel jealous, she felt how everything inside of her was crumbling down into millions of pieces. Her friends noticed something was wrong, for she had stopped dancing and was now staring blankly at the spot where Wilmer was now awkwardly dancing with the woman
who had just kissed him, and she was swinging her hips in front of him as her hands held his firmly on her waist.

“Dem...” Matthew, who was right next to Demi, put his hand carefully on her shoulder. Nelly just looked at her friend with pity in her eyes.

Demi shook her head, forcing herself to snap back into reality.

“It´s fine. We´re not together… We´re just friends and… I´m not in love with him anymore. It´s all peachy.” She forced a smile which only made her friends worry more, and they exchanged a concerned look between them.

“Maybe we should go find another club.” Nelly suggested as she wrapped an arm around her friend´s shoulders.

“No, that´s not...” Demi sighed. “It´s not necessary, guys, this is our favorite club and… We´re not leaving. Wilmer and I are both adults, he has all the right to be meeting new people and so do I.” She said as she started to dance again, making her friends shrug and join her.

“But now I know why he hadn´t called me...” She muttered to herself.