▪ Chapter 11 ▪

⚠️Trigger warning: Depression and suicide issues⚠️
...................................................

《《This is still a flashback》》

Demi listened to Melissa as she explained that for the past two years she was struggling with many things and that at some times it all just seemed a bit too much and that she genuinely thought life wasn´t made for her and she was too tired to fight.

“Honey...” Demi started as Melissa stopped talking and looked down, fighting back the tears.

“Look at me, Melissa”.

“I… I...” The girl stuttered. “Don´t you ever think life is not for you. You´re so worthy of it, trust me… I´m so glad you came to talk to me about this, we´ll figure this out, yeah?”.

Melissa´s almost black eyes looked at her professor with a little faith now.

“My best friend found out about my self harming and she made me look for help and a therapist just isn´t for me… I remembered you had offered me to talk to you so yeah, here I am” She sniffed and then gave Demi a fake smile.

“Well” Demi got up from her seat and walked towards the eighteen year old Melissa to kneel in front of her and take her cold hands in her own.

“I know exactly what you´re going through and I´ll be here for you”.

Demi gave Melissa her phone number, telling her she could call her whenever she wanted and that  it didn´t matter if it was in the middle of the night, she would always do the best that she could to try to help her. Melissa thanked her and when she left her office, she felt faithful for the very first time in what seemed ages, no one had ever been like that towards her and it truly meant a lot.

And in the next six months, Melissa and Demi became very close as they met very often to go for walks, grab some food, watch movies… Anything that would distract Melissa from her suicidal thoughts. Demi tried to encourage her to do new things and also tried to talk her into getting professional help at some time but Melissa always rejected it and claimed she was doing much better now that she had her in her life.

Sometimes Melissa would call her at four am and Demi would immediately put some jogging pants, grab her car keys and pick her up at her apartment and drive through the dark roads as they talked about anything just to make her feel better.

There came a moment where everything seemed to be just fine. Melissa had even started dating a guy; Jack. Demi knew him, he also went to her lectures and although he wasn´t the brightest student, he was a very sweet guy. She would always see Melissa smiling, she always was on time in her class, always worked really hard and had now lots of friends surrounding her.

“I just feel so happy for her, she seems like a whole new person” Said Demi with a wide smile as Wilmer listened to her with very much attention. “I´m so glad to hear that” He replied as they locked their eyes.

But we all know happiness isn´t always here to stay.

It was monday morning when everything started going down. Demi had overslept and she arrived very late at her classroom, where half of the people had already left. After that she had tons and tons of work to do so she just went into her office, ready to finish that up even if it meant skipping lunch.

Someone knocked on her door three times.

“Yeah? Come in” She muttered, loud enough for Wilmer to hear and enter her office.

“Hey, hermosa” He said with a wide smile on his lips. “Ready for lunch?” He added.

“Fuck” She cussed, suddenly realizing she had totally forgotten about their lunch date they had talked about just the night before, after a good three hours of them having fun under the sheets, which she now called the reason of her arriving late for her lecture that morning.