▪ Chapter 20 ▪

Heather placed her hands on Wilmer´s neck and locked her light blue eyes with his. Before he could even process the information of what was going on, he felt her wet lips against his as they formed a kiss.

“Wanna spend the night together?” She whispered shortly after the kiss in his ear. Wilmer carefully pulled her away. “I´m pretty tired, so I don´t think that´s a good idea”. He explained as his eyes wandered around the club, trying to find Demi but he didn´t see her anywhere. He heard Heather click her tongue.

“I´m right here, Wilmer!” She moaned. Wilmer looked at her kind of confused. “What´s wrong with you?” She asked. “Looking for that Demi chick, is she here or something?”

Ricardo stepped into the conversation. “Well, she was. She left a few minutes ago, when y´all were busy dancing”. He said followed by a wink to them. Wilmer looked down as he clenched his jaw.

“Well, I´m heading home”. Said Heather before saying good bye to them, turning around and leaving.

“Aren´t you gonna go with her?” Asked Ricardo as they also left the club. “I didn´t even invite her to come.” Said Wilmer, still looking pretty upset.

“Ricardo said you´d like it” Said Dave as he lit up the cigarette he´d placed in between his lips.

Wilmer stopped walking and looked coldly at Ricardo.

“Hey, dude, I´m sorry, okay? Just thought you needed a bit of distraction from…”

“Let me guess, from Demi?” Wilmer completed his sentence.

“C´mon man, you know she´s not...”

“When are you going to let me decide whether she´s good for me or not?” Snapped Wilmer as he got dangerously closer to his friend. “I´m fucking tired of you trying to rule my love life.”

Ricardo took a few steps back.

“Okay, Will… Calm down now”. He said, his voice trembling a bit.

“How in the world did you even get her number?” Wilmer asked as his eyes still looked at Ricardo as if he wanted to kill him right then.

“Instagram can be pretty useful” Said Dave as he grabbed Wilmer gently by the arm in an attempt of keeping him away from Ricardo. “But we get it now, we´re no one to say who you have to date with, right, Ricardo?”

Dave´s green eyes landed on Ricardo, who looked at the ground, ashamed.

“I just worry about you, dude”. Ricardo mumbled.

“Well, I´m good.” Wilmer replied before walking towards his car, leaving them behind. As soon as he was alone in his car, he grabbed his phone and called Demi, not even bothering about the fact that it was almost four A.M.

“Hey! I´m Demi! You reached my voicemail so I´m probably busy or just ignoring you, sorry not sorry. Leave a message if you wanna! Bye!”

He couldn´t help but smile at hearing her cheery voice through the phone, even if it meant she hadn´t picked it up. He prayed it was because she was already asleep and not because she chose to ignore him.

As soon as he got home, he poured some whiskey inside of a glass and sat down on his sofa as his dog quickly came to lay right next to his feet. He smiled at the animal before bringing  the glass close to his lips and taking some of the beverage. He didn´t even realize it, but he stayed up the whole night and his eyes were about to close at around eight A.M. when his phone ringing made him jump in his place.

“Hello?” He said, his voice sounding very raspy. “H...Hey Wilmer, it´s me, Demi”.

When he heard those words, he stood up from the couch.

“Demi, hey” A smile hanging on his lips as he scratched his chin. “You called me last night, is everything alright?” She spoke into the phone and he paced around his living room while his dog stared at him in some kind of curiosity.

“Yeah, honey, everything´s fine, just wanted to ask you when you wanna talk”. He explained and he could feel how she was smiling on the other side of the line. “Oh, well, what about we have lunch together on Tuesday?”

“Would you mind if it was dinner instead of lunch?” He proposed. Demi chuckled. “That sounds amazing.” And the phone call ended.