▪ Chapter 13 ▪

⚠️Trigger warning: Alcohol use and addiction⚠️

《《Flashback continues》》

Wilmer tried to call her for the twentieth time that day. He hadn´t heard anything from Demi in the whole week despite him bombarding her phone with messages and calling her so many times. But she never picked up and she never replied.

He sighed as he turned his phone into flight mode. He was leaving his work issues for her, which would most probably cost him some good amount of money and some yelling from his dad because business was doing so good right then and him doing this kind of things were not going to help keeping it that way. But Wilmer didn´t care, he loved her so incredibly much, maybe too much he thought at times like this when he threw everything overboard just for her when she not always returned him the same way.

But he loved her.

He placed his headphones into his ears as he rested his head back, closing his eyes and trying to relax as the plane started to move. Almost all the songs he listened to where reminding him of her, everything reminded him of her if he was honest.

“Having a hard time?” The woman sitting next to him asked when he took out his headphones in frustration. Wilmer took a look at her, she was tall and thin and she wore a tight dark blue dress that flattered her very much. She played a bit with her long, brown, wavy hair as she smacked her red lips together.

“I´m Heather, by the way”. She introduced herself before Wilmer could say anything.

Judging by the way she was looking at him, he knew she was trying to flirt. He was so used to it and he never wanted to continue the flirting because, well, he was in love with Demi. He was in love with a woman that didn´t love him back in the same way and he hated that he still couldn´t go out with other women because Demi was all the time in his mind.

“Wilmer.” He replied, forcing a smile towards the woman that seemed to be in her early thirties.

“Nice name” She added, widening her ever lasting smile. “So, are you having a hard time? I´m a good listener, you know.” She said.

“My girlfr… I mean… A friend of mine isn´t answering my texts or calls and I´m worried sick”. He quickly explained as he played with the headphones in his hands as he shrugged.

“I´m sure she´s fine, maybe she just lost her phone or something". Though she tried to make him feel better, all Wilmer thought about her was that she was dumb so when she scribbled her name and phone number on a piece of paper when the plane landed, he just tugged it mindlessly into the back pocket of his jeans before waving goodbye to her and leaving as quick as possible.

The first thing he did once he was in his car was drive towards Demi´s apartment, not bothering to even stop at his to leave his suitcases there. He knocked on the door and pressed the doorbell so many times he couldn´t even keep the count. He ended up walking away as worry only intensified.

He tried calling her once again but, surprise, no answer given.

Wilmer threw his stuff on the floor as soon as he entered his house, quickly being greeted by his dog.

“Hey there” He said, quickly patting the dog´s head before looking in every drawer he had until, an hour later, he found it.

The key to Demi´s apartment.

He was so happy they´d decided to give each other a key of their respective homes just in case something happened. He stuffed the key in his pocket and rushed towards his car and back to Demi´s
apartment.