▪Chapter 5▪

It was almost 8 pm when Demi was sitting on the couch, checking her email just to see that she had to be back in Los Angeles by the following week because of her work. She'd asked for a few days off and they were given to her but she knew they could not last long. And besides, she needed the money. A sigh escaped her lips as she looked around the living room. Maddie and her parents had left about an hour ago to attend some kind of party at her sister's High School, they'd asked her if she wanted to come along but she had to say no. She was still tired and didn't feel like leaving the house just yet.

Snapping her back into reality, the door bell rang. Groaning, she stood to her feet and walked towards there, tiptoeing to see through the peep hole.

Demi almost fainted when she saw who was standing on the other side of the door.

"Please, open the door?" He asked. And as soon as the door was open, she let herself into his warm embrace, the one she had craved the most. She inhaled his scent, immediately making her smile against the fabric of his white shirt as his strong arms wrapped firmly around her, holding her close.

"Hey" He greeted her in a whisper. She looked up at him. "Hey" She replied with a smile on her lips and they both felt the urges to close the gap between their mouths but neither of them made the move, they just stood there, looking into each other's eyes, something they had not done in a while.

The last time Wilmer had seen her was when he found her in her apartment just a few days ago, he  remembered how much of a mess she was, messy hair that had not been washed for days put up into a bun on top of her head as she wore what he guessed was what she'd found first. He remembered that, after he'd placed her in her bed when she passed out, he watched her sleep for a moment and then decided to tidy up her apartment a bit, finding empty or half empty bottles everywhere, vodka, whisky...

He felt sorry but then again he also knew that there was nothing in the world he could have done to prevent what happened. He could have been there for her, he could have held her in his arms and tell her everything would be fine, that she couldn't change what had happened to that girl... But even though that's what he wished he could have done, he knew that Demi would have pushed him away.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, finally pulling away from Wilmer and entering the house. He followed her and she closed the door behind him. "I needed to see you" He honestly replied.

Demi looked down.

"I'm surprised you even opened the door to me" He added. Demi swallowed and sighed. "I'm sorry you had to see me like that a few days ago." Two red shades appeared on her cheeks as she was clearly embarrassed. "And I'm sorry for leaving like that... It got a bit too much."

Wilmer shook his head at her words.

"Don't be" He simply stated as he walked closer towards her. "Those things happen, I'm just happy I was there to help you a bit." He told her as his heart broke again at the memories of seeing her like that, laying drunk on the floor as she slurred out all kind of nasty things about how much of a failure she was and how she'd killed that poor girl...

Demi sighed again, nervously. "Thanks."

"Anytime." he mumbled back. And then a wave of silence fell upon them. It was kind of awkward yet it felt right at the same time. Neither of them really knew what to say or do although they both desired to melt into each other, kiss, make love... But things weren't that simple.

They had broken up almost two years ago and, though they'd had casual sex now and again, being the last time maybe half a year ago, right now it was as if with every move they made or every word they spoke, things would break down.

"Are you getting help then?" Suddenly, Wilmer's words broke the silence, taking Demi a bit by surprise. She took a sharp breath as she did not dare to look into the man's eyes.

"No" She stated, slightly peeking at him. He questioned her with his face, furrowing his brows, so she went ahead to explain, "It was just a one time thing, I think it's fine now."

"It was a whole week, Demi. You were a huge mess." Worry, once again, was hanging on every word he said. Demi rolled her eyes. "Well, thanks Wilmer. I appreciate your kind words" She sarcastically said before continuing talking. "I'm fine, why can't you just understand that? I am not weak, and as much as you want to feel like some kind of hero, like... Ugh, I just don't fucking need to be saved by you anymore, I can do this on my own. Fuck" She ranted, on the verge of yelling at him.

The blank look Wilmer pulled on his face scared her somehow as the words she had just said sank into her brain, immediately causing her to regret speaking them up.

"Okay" Wilmer sounded disappointed and sad.

"No, Wilmer, I'm sorry I... I didn't mean it like that, I..." She massaged her temples and took a deep breath, she knew that Wilmer knew she wasn't being herself by the way he just stood there instead of leaving. He just let out a sigh and came closer to her.

"I just worry about you... A lot." He muttered, as his eyes tried to connect with hers. Demi took some steps closer to him so she could cup his cheek with her hand as her brown eyes looked into his. "And I appreciate that" She responded. "I really do, Wilmer, you have no idea how much..." A little sigh escaped her rosy lips. Wilmer's hand placed itself on top of hers as he gently rubbed the back of it with his thumb.

Wilmer spoke, his voice just above a whisper, as it became quieter and quieter "I... I love you so
incredibly much, Demi..." and judging by the way how his voice cracked at the end, Demi knew he was about to cry right there. She opened her mouth to answer when they were interrupted by someone.

"Demi! Mom said you're here!" Demi's older sister, Dallas, talked loudly as she entered the living room, where they were, with her keys in her hand, which told them she'd just arrived. "It's been so long since I last..." Dallas abruptly stopped talking as she realized her younger sister was not alone. "Oh... I'm sorry, guys" She mumbled, as a smile peeked on her mouth as she was about to leave the living room, but Demi stopped her as her hand slipped from Wilmer's and she walked towards Dallas, she had also missed her very much and couldn't wait to hug her warmly.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
Thanks for reading and voting! Xox💗

For the man that left my bed - Dilmer fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें