Chapter 17-Death and Transformation...

Start from the beginning

His hands cupped my face ever so gently like feathers. He touched his lips to mine and I was lost. It wasn’t a passion filled kiss like Dylan’s it was sweet and gentle. He laughed on my lips.

“What?” I asked. Wondering why he would laugh while kissing me.

“You are just so beautiful. I feel like I am on top of the world. You are mine and I know I am the luckiest man on earth.” After saying that he got up to his knees and grabbed me up. Now that I was standing he was below me. He pulled out a little black box from his pocket. “Tiffany Ann Warrenson will you marry me?” I looked down at this beautiful man and the huge diamond he held in his hand. And I just started sobbing. He had me in his arms at once. How could I break his heart?

“It’s okay honey I know it’s been a rollercoaster ride that past few days. You must feel completely overwhelmed by all of this. I am sorry I didn’t mean to upset you. We will talk about this later, ok? We have better things to do anyway.” He wriggled his eyebrows at me.

“Rodney we need to talk. I can’t marry you. And before you say anything please, please let me tell you everything, ok?” I waited for his permission to continue he said, “Sure, go ahead honey. But we will be married. Tell me what you need to though,” he said. But instead of listening to me his lips were traveling down my jaw line to his mark. When his mouth went over his mark I moaned in pure satisfaction. But we both jumped when we heard a tree crack and fall to the forest floor.

“That ‘s just an old tree falling honey. Nothing to worry yourself about.” He told me. But I knew what it was. Dylan was telling me to keep Rodney’s hands away from me before he did it for me.

“Rodney please sit down and listen to me. This is serious and it affects our relationship. Dylan is not ok with us. We cannot fully mate because I have agreed to become his mate. He also told me that you know what I am, or what I am going to become. You will always be my mate in my heart but he has promised not to hurt you if I mate fully with him.” I couldn’t believe he sat there quietly through my whole speech. But before I knew it he had his hand on my throat and had thrown me roughly against a tree. His hand was digging into my throat. It felt like it might be bleeding. The drastic change in him was more than unnerving it was ghastly. His face seemed contorted in a mask of pure hatred and it was aimed straight at me.

“I don’t think so little girl. I have been your perfect little boyfriend for awhile now. I will not let all my hard work go to waste. You are the spirit gonja and I am the next alpha thanks to you. You have been a pain in my ass ever since you came because I was the only one to know who you really were. I kissed your ass and put up with your bull for months. We will mate n-“ before he could finish his sentence Dylan had him pinned to the ground.

Dylan was growling fiercely in Rodney’s face. I did the thing I knew best I ran. I ran all the way back to the house. As I entered I flew up the steps and into “our”, mine and Dylan’s room. I flopped onto the bed in agony. My mate had never loved me at all he was using me to gain the Alpha position in the pack. A cold hand was stroking my hair. I looked up to see Sarah. I jumped up and hugged her.

“Where have you been?” I asked her.

“I have been waiting until you needed me. The change will take place soon. Very soon from the vibe that is coming off of your skin. We need to get you home so you can be comfortable while the change takes place.” She told me but it was too late. I felt an awful pain in my head that dropped me to the floor.

“Oh, no it has started. I am here with you. Everything will be fine.” She said trying to sooth me. She picked me up off the floor and laid me on Dylan’s bed. My head hurt so bad I screamed out in pain. That was the last thing I remember when everything disappeared into darkness.