Chapter 17-Death and Transformation...

Start from the beginning

“I love you,” I whispered into his ear. My breath made him shiver a little but I noticed.

“I love you too but you know that don’t you?” Rodney asked.

“When can you get out of this bed? I mean when will the doc release you back to normal?” I wondered.

“Actually he said in the past several hours I have improved drastically. They were going to keep me bedridden for a week. But now I am free when I wish thanks to you. The doctor, Phillip, said that as soon as you came to my bedside I began healing much faster because of my mark being on you and you being close to me. It sped up my healing in a way that a mate only can.” He smiled at me when he said this. It ripped my heart out to hear his love for me knowing I had sealed both of our fates. But he would live and we would secretly love each other always.

“Great why don’t we go on a picnic or something that won’t be strenuous?” I suggested. Dylan was standing at the door listening to everything. He looked at me and raised an eye brow.

“Actually, Tiffany I think it would be a good idea for me to have a talk with Rodney. He has been out of commission for some time now. There are important things we should discuss.” He said in a harsh tone. Like hell was I going to let him tell Rodney? I made the deal with Dylan and I would stick to it but he was going to let me tell Rodney everything.

“Dylan, could I talk to you for just a minute please?” I made my voice as sweet as syrup. This took him off guard. His whole face seemed to soften a tiny bit. Then back to Mr. Bad ass in a second flat. If I hadn’t been staring at him I would’ve missed it.

“Uh, sure,” He said.

We left the room with Rodney staring at us confused. We went all the way outside the house so he wouldn’t hear. “Look I agreed to be with you but you will give me the courtesy of telling him everything. I love him. He loves me. This is going to tear him up inside. I want to ease that as much as possible. And you running your alpha mouth isn’t the easiest way to break this to him. He will take me on a picnic you can follow far enough behind that you can see us but not close enough for him to hear you. That should be a compromise to your requirement of us not being alone. Deal? If not then our DEAL is off. Understood!” He nodded his head but I knew he didn’t like it.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea but if that is your condition then I have no choice but to grant it. Remember I will be close. He better keep his hands to himself. Understood! And no one other than a true mate dares talk to an alpha in the manner you just have.” How original he used my own wording against me. But I didn’t want to fight with him I wanted to spend my last time I was going to get with Rodney. So I graciously nodded and ran for the house to get Rodney and our picnic gathered.

It was a gorgeous day in Georgia. The heat was up there but it wouldn’t be so hot that we couldn’t enjoy being outdoors.

I made a batch of fried chicken, potato salad, and for desert chocolate covered strawberries. I got everything together and Rodney met me outside. We walked to a spot beside the 45 acre lake which is about a 1/2 mile walk into the forest. He laid the blanket on the ground and I set up the food. He handed me a bottle of wine and smiled.

“I snuck this out of the cupboard when no one was looking. I thought it would be a nice addition to our picnic. And I thought we could celebrate the completion of our mating. You know I thought Dylan was gonna flip out and order me to stay away from you. He was saving you for himself ya know. I don’t know what has brought on this generosity of his but I won’t waste time for him to change it.” While he was saying all of this I couldn’t say anything. He leaned over to kiss me. I knew Dylan would be watching. But I couldn’t deny Rodney.