Wheeljack x Shy!Reader(P1)

A/n: whooo! Getting back into this, sure is odd, but it's a good kind of odd... I dont make sense, but anyway! This was a request from my conversation/comment tab on my page (yes, I do look at those the most). Wheeljack wants to get to know Reader-chan better, but you're shy! What better way to get to know someone than to have a little dance? Wheeljack's holoform will appear, but you already know of his holoform! Enjoy this attempt of another shy!reader fic❤ (reader is also an adult.. early 20s)

Key:
Y/n: Your Name
E/c: Eye Color
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
F/s/s: favorite slow song
F/a: favorite animal

(START)

You had been curled up on the small and worn down couch in the autobot base, book in hand. Your (e/c) eyes scanned the pages, each word painting images and scenes from your book. Ratchet had been tapping away on datapads, recording his findings on "human nature." You didn't mind the occasional questions though. "(Y/n)," the old medic began, "what's the difference between 'puppy love' and 'true love' ?" His faceplate contorted to a look of confusion. You peaked up at the orange and white bot as he shook his helm, a small blush creeping up your neck. While saving the spot in your book with a silicone sprout looking bookmark, you spoke shyly, "w-well, I'm not entirely sure, but," you adjusted yourself so you were sitting up straight, adjusting your large purple sweater. " Puppy love is said to not last nearly as long as true love, t-though it sometimes develops into that stronger bond." You sighed as your thoughts started to drift over to the dual blade wielding wrecker, Wheeljack, your guardian. He was reckless, but responsible. Stubborn, but has a big spark. You saw Ratchet give a slight nod before taking note, a small grumble of "humans are a complicated species" , before he continued his work.

You let out a gentle sigh as you were left to your thoughts again. Wheeljack was the man or.. mech, of your dreams. You knew you wouldn't have a chance with such an outgoing persona such as Wheeljack, but by primus did you adore the mech. Your shy and timid nature made wheeljack approach you gentler, but nonetheless enthusiastic, in your interactions and conversations. Your (e/c) stared blankly at your hands. You pushed a few stray strands of your (h/l) (h/c) hair behind your ear and fumbled with the book in your hands. Staring down at the cover, you wondered if the impossible could ever happen to you. Much like it already is, considering you're under the care of a space robot warrior with his other friends that are trying to save your tiny planet from evil space robots. It still shocks you, even after all this time. You're not dreaming of all of this while you lay in your bed.

You shake your head and stand from the worn sofa you sat upon, gently placing the book in your hands onto the plush and gently worn cushion. Ratchet was still typing away on his datapads and makeshift technology given by the government. Everyone was out on missions while Raf, Miko, and Jack were at school. You then decided to walk over to your bag that was just a few paces from the couch you were standing next to. You dug around in your bag and pulled out your phone.

Unlocking the screen, you pulled up your messages and began typing to the mech who was on your mind not long ago.

(Y/n): Wheeljack, do you think you could spare some time...?

You knew he was out on a patrol with Bumblebee, but not even a minute later he had responded to your text. But there was another thing, you were more confident through your screen, but way too shy when it came to face to face confrontation. Which sucked.

WheelJack: Sure thing Sunshine, Bee and I are on our way back anyway. Planning on goin' anywhere?

You smiled. He called you Sunshine. He stopped calling Ratchet that as soon as you came around and you didn't mind it one bit. Neither did Ratchet. Hell, he was glad he stopped calling him such a ridiculous nickname. You quickly typed your reply after a good minute or two.