Chapter 41

Nichole got up the moment Ratchet stalked into the medical bay to check on Sunstreaker at four in the morning. There are still two hours until the sun would begin to rise. She gave Sunstreaker a kiss on the cheek before leaving the bay and going to changed and set up for the battle. Other soldiers moved quickly to get things loaded up on the planes they would be taking. She takes large steps to make it quickly get to her barracks room. After a quick shower to help get her hair up in a French braid, then she gets on her old uniform. She will stand out like a sore thumb, but that isn't going to stop her from going all out for the team. Her plan is to kill whoever gets in her way, get her target and get out of there as quickly as possible.

She tightened her boot laces, wrapping them tightly around her ankle. Tucking the left-over laces into her boot. She takes the bottom of her cammie bottoms and tucked them into a boot band on each ankle. She watches herself in the mirror as she buttons up the three small buttons her old desert tan blouse. She tucks the shirt deep into her trousers and tightens her belt. Once more look over and she is ready for battle. Her scar seemed to shine in the light. A part of her could still feel the sting from the force of the sword ripping through her face. She isn't going to let it stop her.

"You two ladies ready?" She smirked walking up to Diesel and Sideswipe. Diesel rolled his eyes at her, while Sideswipe isn't in the mood for such silliness. His arms are crossed, and face contorted in anger. "Sideswipe, what's wrong? Your usually so bubbly." She asked sincerely, looking up at the red twin. "You know what's wrong." He growled down to her, but not looking at her. "Sideswipe we talked about this. You know that I am the only one who can fix Kup and who knows who else. Can you please look at me?" He seemed shocked for a moment from her politeness that he had to look down at her. He knelt down close to her level, looking straight into her stony grays. "You and Sunstreaker have the same optics, but they show your different own personalities. Absolutely beautiful." Her hands pressing against his cheeks. He couldn't stop the blush heating up in his cheeks.

"Stop trying to flatter me so early in the morning. I'm trying to stay mad at you." He breathed out, calming his rapid beating spark. She gave him a smile, a small one, but it is still a smile. "I know you don't want me to go, but I am needed. I have a mission to complete. You and I should know something about that." His optics closed for few seconds, leaning his forehead lightly against hers, making her close her eyes too. "I promise to keep you safe. I promised Sunny, I promise myself. I won't let anything hurt you even if it's giving my own life." Her eyes snapped open and she moved away. Her eyes narrowed in on his. "You will not give your life for mine. I will not allow that. My life is not worth wasting yours for." The anger for her, that melted away, quickly came back at her words. "I never want to hear you say that again." With those last words, Sideswipe stood and walked to the other end of the hanger.

"Having a sparkmate sucks, don't it?" She brushed her fingers over her face, then looked at Diesel. "We aren't sparkmates. Why does everyone keep saying that?" She growled. Diesel looked confused before asking, "Wait they haven't asked you yet?" "No. Why would they ask me? I don't want to do that to them, then I die or something. I don't need them any more broken than they already are." She said sadly. "Those boys are head over heels for you. Wouldn't this be the right time to merge with them? Your about to save the world, what if you don't come back."

"That's why I don't want too. Encase I die. Why is this so important to you?"

"They love you! That is how we Cybertronian show our love. Show that the person we care most about that we would die without them. Its an unbreakable bond. Feel what they feel. Hear their thoughts, help them when they don't know what to do. Always be there for them, even when you're not actually there. To feel their spark beat right next to yours." Diesel stopped with a sigh. His shoulders shrugged forward. Closing his eyes and shaking his head. "I didn't know you felt so hard about this." She looked at her feet, unsure what to say next. "Yeah I do." He all but shouted back at her. "Did you lose your sparkmate?" She whispered, unsure she wanted to know the answer. "A long time ago. Way before I came to Earth." He hid his optics behind his servo. Nichole set a comforting hand on his foot, looking up at him with warmness she only held for him. "I'm sorry, Diesel. I realize it is important, but I am not ready to merge with them just yet." He nodded his head at her comment. Then the two walked in silence to the rest of the crew. Time to load is coming upon them.

"Autobots and humans. Another relic from our past is being used against us and Earth. We are going on a mission deep in the mountains to take it back from our enemy...from the Decepticons. Our mission is to keep the way open for Nichole to get threw and capture the device. She must get to the Cylinder. We must keep her protected. Soon we will be able to bring back the right minds of those who have lost theirs. Autobots...Humans...Let's Roll Out!" Optimus baritone voice echoed throughout the hanger and it ended with a loud battle cry from everyone. The Autobots transformed into vehicle mode. Sideswipe pulled up next to Nichole and opened his driver side door. "Oh, can I drive?" Her eyes lit up in excitement, but it was soon extinguished at the short no sideswipe. She sat down in his seat with a grumpy look on her face and her arms crossed. She set her weapons on the passenger seat.

Nichole clutched to the seat as they flew. Sideswipe kept the seat belt tight around her, smelling her fear. "Nichole, you can relax." He grunted out of the radio. "Oh, sorry." She immediately released her whitened hands from his armrest. "Are you okay?" "Yeah I'm fine. Just not big on flying." She said quietly. She felt the seat belt tighten a little more in a comforting way and her seat seemed to warm. "I wish there was more I could do." She couldn't stop the smile forming on her face. She rested her hands on his steering wheel, rubbing slightly. "Just being with me is enough." She whispers.

"Nope! Nope!" Nichole screams backing away from the open end of the plane. "Nichole you have to jump." Lennox yells back at her, trying to get her to put on the parashot pack. "I am not jumping out of this plane." She shouts grabbing onto anything close to her. "Nichole get in and we can jump together." Sideswipe walks forward, bringing his servo closer to her. "Fuck no!" That is not the right answer. Sideswipe wasn't going to take no for an answer this time. He reached forward and grabbed her quickly, before she could squirm away. Next thing she knew they were plummeting towards Earth. Her screams could be heard from the plane and down below.

Sideswipe released the parashot and they began a slow descent. "See its not that bad." He smirks at her. She sends him a panting glare and a silent I hate you. He holds her tight as they make their landing and then he transforms around her, driving to where the others are. The quick ride was silent, but a deadly one. Nichole held her rifle close to her, her pistol attached to her leg. Magazines are in mag pouches attached to her flak. She is ready for battle. They meet with the rest and she jumps out of Sideswipe and heads to the middle of the group.

"She didn't want to jump." Diesel said more as a statement than a question. "No, she fought the whole way." Sideswipe complained. "Yeah she hates flying and hates jumping out of planes even more. She won't do it unless she absolutely has too, but she will fight it the whole way." Diesel chuckled. "Why doesn't she like it?" "It's a normal fear for her kind. They fight from the ground, not the sky. Some are worse than others, but Nichole has it bad." He said with a shrug, like it was the most normal thing around. "Of course." Sideswipe said sarcastically.

"Autobots get into positions, it is time to make our trek into the mountains." Opitmus's voice boomed over everyone, claiming their full attention. All the Autobots transformed and soldiers got into their respected bots, ready to make the trip. Optimus led the way into the valley in between the mountains. No one knows what will be inside waiting for them. Not even Optimus.