Chapter 14

She's been called heartless, cold, black hearted, and so many others. No one ever thought to ask her why. No one ever seemed to care too. Even from how Sunstreaker said it, it still sounded harsh. Like he was just trying to get at her. But she saw it in his eyes, she saw the hurt she caused. He cared about her. He would never admit it, but she saw it. His words ran though her mind as she stood there, unable to move. The fact that he heard her, he didn't have all the facts, but Sunstreaker thinks she killed people because she wanted too. It wasn't until large footsteps began shaking the ground she stood on, she looked up. Diesel stood in front of her. He knelt down in front of her, holding his servo out in front of her. She couldn't help but smile and climb on. She sat hugging her knees as he strolled out of the hanger and outside. She hid her face in her knees, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to breach.

"Why does it hurt, Diesel?" She mumbled through shaky breaths. "I haven't felt hurt like this before. I don't understand it. Every time we talk, it's not talking its yelling, but every time I feel something in my chest. No matter how much I try to stay away from him, I still end up running into him. My nightmares are beginning to show him. Why is this happening to me?" Diesel set a digit on her back, rubbing circles trying to sooth her.

"Your beginning to care for the mech." She brought her head up and looked at him in confusion.

"I don't know how to care. I don't know anything about caring." She argued.

"You care for me." He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah but you're the only one. I never knew what caring was tell I met you. I was so broken, I still am broken."

"Maybe he's broken too. Maybe that's why you two pull towards each other." Looked up at him, her face showing confusion around the small tears cascading down her face.

"Sunstreaker, broken? I'm sure all the bots are broken in some way. I'm sure you were at some point. Y'all lost your home world. Y'all just earned to adapt to new surroundings. Like Marines. Like me. You adapt and overcome." Her face went straight as she spoke, looking out over his digits in the horizon.

"What is wrong with me?" Sunny wondered aloud as he paced around his and Sides room.

"Nothings wrong with you." Sides tried to reassure him.

"I'm having these strange feelings. I've never felt before." He continued.

"You love her." Sides said disappointment showing in his voice.

Sunstreaker stopped pacing and stared at his twin. Sideswipe tried to give his brother a warm smile but couldn't help the frown forming on his face.

"Love?" Sunstreaker questioned.

All Sides could do was nod, his optics staring at the ground. He couldn't look at his brother. He knew what his brother had been feeling the past two months. He knew he loved her. He knew the love he had for him was fading. Though he knew no one would ever replace him, but he didn't want to lose his brother to someone so heartless and cold. She was worse than Sunny in many ways. She didn't care what she said or if she hurt anyone.

"If I love her." Sunstreaker started, pausing for a moment to recap what he said to her earlier. "I wouldn't have said those things I said to her earlier today after I almost collided with her. After what she said to me. It actually hurt, Sides. It pained me to hear her say she wanted nothing to do with me. Then I asked her how she could act the way she does. I told her she was worse than me. I left so quickly, from how angry I was at her, but I did notice something in her eyes. I can't love someone like that, Sides. Would you?" Sunny slid down the side of the wall, tell he was sitting with his knees bent.